Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Noone to Cardiff - ** Confirmed **

Bognor Bystander

Looking for a new job
Oct 7, 2010
Bognor Regis
Great news! Nooney is a legend but for £1.5m + we can sign someone of much higher quality

Wouldn't say it was Great News - I think we will struggle to find a better replacement in the next two days ... and we still need a striker :)

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Credit to Gus Poyet here. Noone stank against Swindon but starting him against Cardiff was a masterstroke. He had a great game and in the bar afterwards we were saying the Taffs would be back in for him with a decent offer after that performance. And here we are.

He's a good player but we have strength in that position and are far more in desperate need for strikers, so we have to wheel and deal.

wehatepalace

Limbs
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
Will Gus replace him with like for like or will he use the Money on a striker ? Do we need another winger ? With Buckley, Lua Lua, Vicente and I think if we really struggled you could probably play Calderon in there for the short term ?
Also with a full backs being as flair as they are, they will get forward a lot more than last season.
Shame though I do like Nooney

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Google tells me that there are 2 Nandos in Cardiff.... sounds like a done deal :(

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
It would be a shame to lose Noone as he's a very exciting player to watch and seems a good character and ambassador for the club.

If he had just a little more quality when delivering his final ball or shot he would be a top level player. I also think he'd looked very close to being back to his best since the shocker at Swindon.

Marxo

Aug 7, 2011
Ghent, Belgium
I will only be happy if we get a very good price for him and get at least as good a player as replacement. As stated above Buckley and Kazenga are injury prone so we certainly don't want to weaken our squad especially when we're selling to one of our rivals. If they want him make them pay!

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Wouldn't say it was Great News - I think we will struggle to find a better replacement in the next two days ... and we still need a striker :)

If we are in for Orlandi as a replacement, I'd be more than happy. He is a proven good player in this league but couldn't make it into the Swansea team in the Prem (a bit like Crofts for Norwich)

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Will Gus replace him with like for like or will he use the Money on a striker ? Do we need another winger ? With Buckley, Lua Lua, Vicente and I think if we really struggled you could probably play Calderon in there for the short term ?
Also with a full backs being as flair as they are, they will get forward a lot more than last season.
Shame though I do like Nooney

I think that as Vicente was an extra player we didn't expect to sign, we've been playing him more centrally because we already have 3 wingers. Now it seems that Noone has gone, we can potentially play him in his more orthodox position as part of the 3 wide players we have.

It means we have another central midfield slot available alongside Crofts & Bridders.

fratsomrover

Oct 18, 2011
Hove
Hope this is not true. I think he's one hell of a player and love watching him. I know with Buckley and Lua Lua, we have plenty of cover for these wide positions and that we are unlikely to ever start with 2 wide men, so could be argued if the price is right, then we could accept an offer, but it will be sad to see him go. Rather sell Lua Lua than Noone.
I notice in the programme notes how often team mates always remark about his "ball skills". They reckon he's the most gifted ball player in the club. I hope we hold on to him !!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here