Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Noone to Cardiff - ** Confirmed **

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
noone is better then lua lua and will Buckley be fit
You think noone is better than buckley and lua lua?
Buckley is way better although lua lua has more about him than noone,at the end of the day noone is 4th choice although at times noone is quality and a cracking lad.

I wish him the best and he would,ve got a lovely pay rise:)

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
There was an agent on SSN in the last window who said that the fee was often last to be agreed, when the clubs agree to do business the player goes for his medical and sorts out his terms before the deal is done between the clubs. He said it depends on the clubs too, and I don't see us having problems with Cardiff and I'm sure there's an understanding of the type of fee required.
That makes no sense at all (I'm not saying you're wrong). If a selling club lets the player have a medical and agree personal terms, the buying club can then knock a bit off the price, because the selling club are hardly going to want their player back after they've set their heart elsewhere. The buying club takes no risk, the selling club can end up with an unhappy player back. I suppose it could work if it's early in the transfer window and you know a player is going, but you're not yet sure to whom.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
my son will be gutted....

552630_10151129111165746_1478336696_n.jpg
I must be getting old, he doesn't look old enough to drive.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
That makes no sense at all (I'm not saying you're wrong). If a selling club lets the player have a medical and agree personal terms, the buying club can then knock a bit off the price, because the selling club are hardly going to want their player back after they've set their heart elsewhere. The buying club takes no risk, the selling club can end up with an unhappy player back. I suppose it could work if it's early in the transfer window and you know a player is going, but you're not yet sure to whom.

I agree. There must be some agreement of a fee. Bennett had to put in a transfer request to find out what Norwich were offering him because we'd turned down their bid.

Dec 29, 2011
You think noone is better than buckley and lua lua?
Buckley is way better although lua lua has more about him than noone,at the end of the day noone is 4th choice although at times noone is quality and a cracking lad.

I wish him the best and he would,ve got a lovely pay rise:)

No he said "Noone is better than LuaLua, and will Buckley be fit?"

IanH

9sept1978
Nov 6, 2010
It been interesting recently how crofts, bridge and others have mentioned what a good spirit it is in the dressing room. It's things like that that help when the results aren't going to plan like the first couple of games. I guess Noone is a big part of that. What value can you put on a happy dressing room and strong team spirit.

I'd be sad to see him go. Great lad. Exciting footballer.

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
Shame, but good luck to the lad. Not looking forward to him banging them in at the Amex in the home fixture though.

Richard Tiltmans Shin Pad

Rustingtons' Mr Guiness
Jan 10, 2012
North Stand, Row Q
Agree he is a popular player and his runs are entertaining but surely when Buckley, Lua Lua and Vicente get the ball there is a greater air of expectation?

I think some people get excited by his jinking runs and then forget that his final ball is usually inadequate. He had several shots the other day when he cut in from the wing and I think only one was on target and that was tamely hit. Lua Lua is might not do the mazey runs but he is more effective.

This with massive shiney knobs on.

Nooneys final ball/shooting has been woefull.......that doesn't mean I don't get to my feet when he takes on a defender or two in the final third, and it doesn't mean I don't appreciate his tracking back/defending......it's just that he is wastefull of the possesion we try to uphold ( not the only culprit, and not the worst)

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Gutted.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
my son will be gutted....

552630_10151129111165746_1478336696_n.jpg
Jnr Stat had a 'moment' getting into bed, looking at his Noone poster.

but but, why daddy?

cos he's shithouse, son

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011
SSN is full of bull.

According to them, Noone "has established himself as one of the best players in the Championship".

He's good, but come on...

As long as they tell those Asian owners that, it's a good thing!

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Shame hes going to go as hes such a nice guy - wish him luck at Cardiff, but if we are getting the £1.5 Million for him as reported, then thats a great bit of business. Will need cover though because of Lua Lua's and Buckers injury problems, would expect that to be lined up tomorrow.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009

I agree entirely! What's to stop the buying club then just saying, well he's agreed our terms and he wants to leave you so we have all the aces now and you'll have to accept what we offer. I suspect it's more professional though, and I suspect there's something agreed between the clubs before the player can discuss terms. One day, I'd like to know how it all REALLY works.

Agree he is a popular player and his runs are entertaining but surely when Buckley, Lua Lua and Vicente get the ball there is a greater air of expectation?

For me, yes. I love watching LuaLua make defenders look silly with sheer pace, and I enjoy watching Buckley stride away from people like they're standing still! But Noone is just so different. He can dribble his way out of any situation and plays with the enthusiasm and the childlike innonce you just love to watch. Vicente is just outrageous in every way.
:blush:

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Noone is better at being fit on any given Saturday or Tuesday than LuaLua, that's the only worry (and you can possibly read Orlandi for LuaLua as well).

I've been more critical of Noone than most but still a bit sad to see him go, good lad and always gave his best, and had some great moments.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here