Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Noone or Buckley?

TotallyFreaked

Jul 2, 2011
I would pick Buckley over Noone but don't believe there is as much between them as some people think. Both seem to go through periods of good and bad form and think both rely quite a lot on confidence. For me on the whole Buckley has been disappointing this season but has huge potential to come good at any time and definitely a match changer.

Of all our wingers we had at the start of the season I think Kaz has been the most improved.

Sam-

Feb 20, 2012
In my opinion Noone is on a par with Kazenga.
Both can beat a man to create room for a wayward shot or cross.
Not sure either are dependable starters. Spanish Dave, Orlandi, Vicente, Buckley all much more productive and effective.
Why do you think Gus was so happy to let Noone go and so reluctant to start Kaz?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The same Buckley who has scored 5/6 late goals? Although I do agree he runs out of steam towards the ends of games
He stops running and contributing from 70 mins onwards, looking like a dead dog.
He'll have an occasional 'moment', but other than that he's a spent force.

It's so frustrating, I can't think of the last time we had a full 90 mins from Buckley.
He should easily be in the top 10 players in the division, but he just not consistence enough.

If he doesn't show improvements in fitness and conditioning from next season I'll begin to worry.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
In my opinion Noone is on a par with Kazenga.
Both can beat a man to create room for a wayward shot or cross.
Not sure either are dependable starters. Spanish Dave, Orlandi, Vicente, Buckley all much more productive and effective.
Why do you think Gus was so happy to let Noone go and so reluctant to start Kaz?

Gus isn't perfect, like all managers. Didn't rate Murray, Noone, or put Grant Hall on a longer contract a lot sooner.
He has great faith in LuaLua ... let's hope one day he consistently repays that faith and pay packet.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Similarities with both. Both started off like world beaters and then hit a long patch of poor form from which Noone had emerged before he was sold. Buckley needs to get his confidence back and find that early form that, in my opinion, would make him better than Noone.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here