Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Noone bid rejected

PalG

Nov 22, 2010
Noone has been the Pilgrims' most consistent performer this season so there is sure to be plenty of speculation about the 23-year-old.

Reid revealed to The Herald last week that Brighton manager Guy Poyet had inquired about Noone.

Yesterday, he said: "We have a bid from a club for Noone but it was turned down."

:angry:
:angry:

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Of course this may not be true, may not be Brighton, etc. But if it is our bid that has been rejected, some people are going to look very silly again. Hope this is worng and that Brighton aren't going to get egg on their faces again.

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
Could have been turned down because a bid had already been accepted elsewhere. :wink:

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Of course this may not be true, may not be Brighton, etc. But if it is our bid that has been rejected, some people are going to look very silly again. Hope this is worng and that Brighton aren't going to get egg on their faces again.
If it was us, I hope it was turned down! You never have your first bid accepted. I doubt if any transfer bid is accepted on the first round of talks!!! ???

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Of course he may be "interested" in keeping him however the administrators may be very "interested" in recovering any cash they can.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
From a Plymouth fan

I knew BWP and Noone were influential, but I didn't realise just how much until I had a closer look.

Of our 25 league goals this season, the pair of them have scored or directly assisted 17 of them - that's 68%.

Put another way, their goals have earned us 18 of our 25 league points. It doesn't take a genius to work out where we'd be without them.

I know we've got our arms down the back of the sofa looking for every available penny, but flog both BWP and Noone in January and we're going down, without a shadow of a doubt.

Plymouth Argyle Football Supporters - PASOTI - View topic - Noone BWP: the stats

Double swoop?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Greer all over again?

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I'm sorry, he can want to keep him as much as he likes but. It's nice to want things, I want Liz from the Apprentice to come round and nosh me off but that aint going to happen. The likelihood is that both Noone and BWP will be going. I just hope its to us.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
They may well have rejected our bid (if it was us) but surely that is the whole point of bartering? Start low and increase?

We'll get Noone, dunno about Wright Phillips (dunno if we're after him to be honest).

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
I know we've got our arms down the back of the sofa looking for every available penny, but flog both BWP and Noone in January and we're going down, without a shadow of a doubt.
Surely they should be more worried about the £700k tax bill due in February?
I suppose the extra couple of weeks with those players will make up for the entire rest of their lifetimes they would have spent following their team? :laugh:

saslowi

Feb 2, 2009
Plymouth have promised the taxman £500,000 in January. Unless they come up with a sugar-daddy pretty quickly they are going to have to sell and they will not raise that kind of money on their journey men.

It's a bit like a game of poker with them trying to push up the bids. Fortunately we've got a pretty good poker player and I'm confident we have a strong hand. Not a done deal yet though.

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
I knew BWP and Noone were influential, but I didn't realise just how much until I had a closer look.

Of our 25 league goals this season, the pair of them have scored or directly assisted 17 of them - that's 68%.
Looking at the assists chart for the season thus far, if we do manage to get Noone, having him and Bennett on the wings will guarantee some pretty good service..

English League One Assists Leaders - 2010-11 - ESPN Soccernet

Just need that clinical striker to put them all away, and we'd be laughing.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
I thought it was a 'done deal'.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
If we got both i'd be over the moon, Noone and Bennett both top of the assists table, and Wright-Phillips can obviously bang them in given the service as he's shown this season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here