Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Noisiest part of the ground?

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
NS atmosphere is much poorer since the singers moved to underneath the police box, they can hear themselves well I guess but nobody else can and that is the reason it is so disjointed

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Volume was embarrassing from N W and E stands , why can't it be as loud in comparison to when we travel away ? 1100 odd Albion fans at Saint Andrews last week made more noise than the North Stand did today

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Volume was embarrassing from N W and E stands , why can't it be as loud in comparison to when we travel away ? 1100 odd Albion fans at Saint Andrews last week made more noise than the North Stand did today

to be fair every club in the country has a noisier away following than their home following

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove

countryman

Jun 28, 2011

It is disappointing how little the North West sing. At the Derby game I noticed there was two or three people giving it their all singing at the back of the north west corner (if you read this, good performance, well done) but no one around them joined in.

I think there is two reasons why the away support is much more vocal. People who want to stand can stand and all the people who sing are together. When people stand in the north the noise picks up. Also, there are probably a lot of people who are in the north because of the price, rather then to sing.

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
I'm bringing a massive drum next week to liven things up :lolol:
Can you imagine trying to sneak that in? My old woman was asked to empty her bag yesterday, you couldn't get a kin harmonica in it let alone a kin drum :)

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Need to get all the singers to group up. Too many small pockets of singers...

That's the trouble with all seated stadiums and why the atmos is poor at most home grounds
Birmingham away last week all the singers were grouped together at the back as it wasn't a sell out and you could stand where you want, still think the atmos is pretty decent at the Amex compared to most stadiums anyway, games like Burnley are never going to generate the most hostile atmos at 1-0 we were so comfortable and the last 20 mins was just a stroll in the park when the players need lifting in games over the season the crowd generally pull their sleeves up and belt out a cracking atmos

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
I normal sit in the WSU and enjoy the view .. I sat in the ESU near the away end I could hear the NSC it sounded good sometimes but disjointed on occasions but I could hear the small away group and a small group in the S and SW corner. I think the East needs a group to get them going as I felt it bubbling under the surface. But what do know it will get better as the team deliver the goods on the pitch and we fill the empty 4000 seats.

I normal sit in the WSU and enjoy the view .. I sat in the ESU near the away end I could hear the NSC it sounded good sometimes but disjointed on occasions but I could hear the small away group and a small group in the S and SW corner. I think the East needs a group to get them going as I felt it bubbling under the surface. But what do know it will get better as the team deliver the goods on the pitch and we fill the empty 4000 seats.

More like 7,000 empty seats,you were treated to the best view in the stadium with the good folk of the balmer shelf. Its gonna seem a long way up for you next week.:moo:

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Lack of away fans impacts the atmosphere and it is no coincidence the best atmospheres have come from games where the away fans have come in numbers (Leeds probably being the best example)

Eksman

Aug 9, 2012
On the toilet
Lack of away fans impacts the atmosphere and it is no coincidence the best atmospheres have come from games where the away fans have come in numbers (Leeds probably being the best example)

Maybe next week will be decent with Millwall coming down, I love it being loud but I'm not confident enough to start chants or singing but ill always join in

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I was in NEC yesterday , had to sit down as no-one else was standing up. Couldn't swear like I normally do because there were too many parents with their 3 and 4 year olds within earshot. The atmosphere will be different next week when we play Millwall as not many will take their kids to this game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here