Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Noel Gallagher

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
I’m sorry, I thought this thread was about NG and whether we thought he was a amazing or not?

IMO he is ‘a lot less talented than he thinks he is’ and ‘he still plays his guitar looking down’ when some masters don’t need to.

I have backed up my opinion and have simply eluded to the fact that he is not as great as some people believe he is.

Whether it sounds good or not is about taste, I have questioned his technique, two separate things.

But whether he looks down or not makes no difference to how it sounds (which is all technique is about). It's a juvenile point & you're looking silly trying to justify it.
I'll say it again - This is music, ffs. Not mime or interpretive dance

btw, I've never seen NG talk about how good a guitarist he is & nobody on here except you has mentioned it anyway - you're arguing with yourself.
He's good enough to serve his songs (which is all a good musician has to do) & they've sold millions

Last edited:

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
But whether he looks down or not makes no difference to how it sounds (which is all technique is about). It's a juvenile point & you're looking silly trying to justify it.
I'll say it again - This is music, ffs. Not mime or interpretive dance

btw, I've never seen NG talk about how good a guitarist he is & nobody on here except you has mentioned it anyway - you're arguing with yourself.
He's good enough to serve his songs (which is all a good musician has to do) & they've sold millions

BTW, I gave my opinion, you called it dumb and I justified it. You are the one arguing with me for my opinion.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
BTW, I gave my opinion, you called it dumb and I justified it. You are the one arguing with me for my opinion.

You're arguing with yourself about him being an amazing guitarist because neither he nor anyone else has claimed that - it's not what he's about.
Your opinion on him looking down is dumb & trying to justify it isn't doing you any favours.

By the way, I assume from your comments you play?
If you do & you think because you've stopped looking down at your guitar you've arrived, I suggest you find another hobby.
This one's not for you

Last edited:

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
You're arguing with yourself about him being an amazing guitarist because neither he nor anyone else has claimed that - it's not what he's about.
Your opinion on him looking down is dumb & trying to justify it isn't doing you any favours.

By the way, I assume from your comments you play?
If you do & you think because you've stopped looking down at your guitar you've arrived, I suggest you find another hobby.
This one's not for you

you assume too much and cannot decipher others opinions from your own. Now that you have moved on from attacking my opinions you have made judgements on me.

If thats the way its going to go, I would suggest you find something better to do than pursue me on this thread, although I did have a snigger or too.. Let it go, I have!

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
you assume too much and cannot decipher others opinions from your own. Now that you have moved on from attacking my opinions you have made judgements on me.

If thats the way its going to go, I would suggest you find something better to do than pursue me on this thread, although I did have a snigger or too.. Let it go, I have!

Good, not before time. Me too

Last edited:

wallyback

Jun 22, 2011
Brighton
Good bloke, great music & good sense of humor, unlike his prat of a brother.
Have seen him live several times, waiting for the new album in March:cool:

I met Liam at a gig once. The guy was an absolute gem,. My 14 year old son was with me too, who happens to play drummers. As does Liam's son. Liam gave my son him loads of time and chat. Superb bloke!

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
I’m sorry, I thought this thread was about NG and whether we thought he was a amazing or not?

IMO he is ‘a lot less talented than he thinks he is’ and ‘he still plays his guitar looking down’ when some masters don’t need to.

I have backed up my opinion and have simply eluded to the fact that he is not as great as some people believe he is.

Whether it sounds good or not is about taste, I have questioned his technique, two separate things.

Eluded? Too much typing with your eyes closed ;)

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Funny bloke. Not fussed about his music bar a few songs. Fantastic foil for Russell Brand on his podcast back in the day.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Not very interested in Oasis' music apart from 'Slide Away' and 'Some Might Say', rest doesn't really rise above the humdrum imo. Seems a decent bloke though, perhaps a bit elevated above his true position by the media and others - bit like Paul Weller :thumbsup: In fact I believe Paolo Hewitt was involved with both :)

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Funny bloke. Not fussed about his music bar a few songs. Fantastic foil for Russell Brand on his podcast back in the day.

I used to love that radio show. Matt Morgan and Noel Gallagher used to rip the piss out of brand And gang up on him. You can't imagine that happening now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here