Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Noel Gallagher

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Personally think High Flying Birds are decent, far better than Beady Eye. It's impossible not to compare the two!

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Very funny man. Noel on Russell brands radio shows before brand went totally loopy and delusional was one of the best things on british radio. Was never an oasis fan, but Noel Gallagher on the radio - superb. Very funny, down to earth, and smart.

kiwigull

Nov 14, 2008
His solo stuff is great, his interviews are always quite funny regardless if you're agreeing, or not, with the quips and digs! Seems like a real decent guy though, and looking forward to the new album.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Very funny man. Noel on Russell brands radio shows before brand went totally loopy and delusional was one of the best things on british radio. Was never an oasis fan, but Noel Gallagher on the radio - superb. Very funny, down to earth, and smart.

Totally agree

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

Same story. Seems like a great guy and takes Brand's mocking of his lyrics very well.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
haha, yes it does!

Haha, no it doesn't.
Everybody does it sometimes, especially on big stages with bright lights.
Makes no difference to the sound you hear (this is music, right?). He's a perfectly decent player & as good as he needs to be for the tunes he's sold millions of - he's never marketed himself as Hendrix, has he? (who definitely looked down occasionally too)

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
Haha, no it doesn't.
Everybody does it sometimes, especially on big stages with bright lights.
Makes no difference to the sound you hear (this is music, right?). He's a perfectly decent player & as good as he needs to be for the tunes he's sold millions of - he's never marketed himself as Hendrix, has he? (who definitely looked down occasionally too)

i think you have missed the point. Im saying that he is a lot less talented than he thinks he is and is far from a guitar great that some people place him as.

Ive seen him stare down the entire way though playing a set of 4 chord songs while Hendrix (who you brought into this thread) played the most elaborate and technically outstanding songs with his eyes closed (the majority of the time) as he had pure talent and skill which outweighed NG's by a 1 million %.

Laters

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Little by Little remains one of my all-time favourite tracks. So for that reason, I'm IN.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
i think you have missed the point. Im saying that he is a lot less talented than he thinks he is and is far from a guitar great that some people place him as.

Ive seen him stare down the entire way though playing a set of 4 chord songs while Hendrix (who you brought into this thread) played the most elaborate and technically outstanding songs with his eyes closed (the majority of the time) as he had pure talent and skill which outweighed NG's by a 1 million %.

Laters

You've missed the one point completely - this is music, ffs. It's about whether it sounds good & millions of people think he does.
As I said, he's a perfectly good guitarist but no one on this thread, much less him, has ever suggested he's a guitar great - so what? His career is built on songs & he's written some very good (& clever without being obvious or showing off) ones.
I brought up Hendrix as an example because he & just about everybody looked as his guitar sometimes too - not that its of the slightest relevance. Sure he was a better guitarist than Noel (& just about anyone) but he was good because he sounded great, not because he could play with his eyes shut. That was just a party trick.
You posted something silly & can't back it up. Give it up.

Last edited:

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
You've missed the one point completely - this is music, ffs. It's about whether it sounds good & millions of people think he does.
As I said, he's a perfectly good guitarist but no one on this thread, much less him, has ever suggested he's a guitar great - so what? His career is built on songs & he's written some very good (& clever without being obvious or showing off) ones.
I brought up Hendrix as an example because he & just about everybody looked as his guitar sometimes too - not that its of the slightest relevance. Sure he was a better guitarist than Noel (& just about anyone) but he was good because he sounded great, not because he could play with his eyes shut. That was just a party trick.
You posted something silly & can't back it up. Give it up.

I’m sorry, I thought this thread was about NG and whether we thought he was a amazing or not?

IMO he is ‘a lot less talented than he thinks he is’ and ‘he still plays his guitar looking down’ when some masters don’t need to.

I have backed up my opinion and have simply eluded to the fact that he is not as great as some people believe he is.

Whether it sounds good or not is about taste, I have questioned his technique, two separate things.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here