No wonder this country is skint...................

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
I can't go and watch the Albion in any other country or I would [MENTION=1313]BadFish[/MENTION]

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I can't go and watch the Albion in any other country or I would [MENTION=1313]BadFish[/MENTION]

If the Albion is the only thing stopping you I would consider it further. There are football teams all over the world (none are Brighton I grant you) you can go and watch.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Dear oh dear.
It works both ways -- British expats claim benefits in other countries when they move abroad.
Workpermit.com - Immigration - European Union - Social security and taxes

and there are plenty of guides for Brits who want to claim these benefits when they do
http://www.expatfocus.com/expatriate-spain-social-security

I lived and worked in Germany for a few years and my daughter was born there. We got Kindergeld (the equivalent of Child Benefit) and the equivalent of maternity benefits. They didn't have a problem with it, and nor did we.

In case you need some benefits when you do move abroad...

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
If the Albion is the only thing stopping you I would consider it further. There are football teams all over the world (none are Brighton I grant you) you can go and watch.

Couldn't go to see another team it would be like cheating on my wofe, Morally wrong!! There is only one football team

Gullzone

Apr 14, 2012
This Green and Pleasant Land
You really, really , really need to come up with something a lot better than this steaming pile of turd of a post, we left a civil service, a judicial system , we made a start on stamping out the caste sytem , we abolished suttee , we didnt just up and leave when it became "too much hassle for us", in fact do you know anything about 1947, the campaiogn of civil disobedience and partition? It certainly doesnt sound like it, I think it's you who needs to do some research and stop regurgitating the tired chip on the shoulder dogma that you've posted here, even if it were all true which it isnt, I still couldn't give a toss, the only people that suffer due to immigration and colonial guilt are the white working classes who benefited least from the empire, as for your point about the railways, I know ours are in a shit state but they're hardly in need of improving to this level

View attachment 39410
Top man Bushy. put that bloody pc brigade in its place. Why is it they dont seem to care about the indigenous population or our country at all? Its blatantly obvious we suffer from benefit migrants and any chancer because of our fuckin welfare system and arsehole politicians who seem to think they need to be 'doing the right thing' when in fact the vast majority of the population totally disagree with them.

Gullzone

Apr 14, 2012
This Green and Pleasant Land
I think people often assume our european "partners" also adhere rigidly to the rules like we do

BBC News - France to continue deporting Roma despite EU pressure

Italy set to deport Gypsies - Romea.cz

can you imagine the handwringing that would go on amongst politicians and the judiciary here if we tried doing what france and italy did.

Bushy, a mate of mine lives in Italy and he says they fuckin hate Gypsies (they actually bulldoze any camps that spring up - not like our wank politicians dedicating £96m to building them houses) and most Eastern Europeans, especially if they commit crime the police/government then f*** them straight out of the country. Why oh why cant we as a nation deport them

D

Deleted member 22389

I agree actually, I have issues with people entering the UK with the soul intention of the State providing for them but it gets tricky when they are genuinely seeking refuge from a regime in their own country. I think we have an obligation to assist those in peril. As stated before, uncollected tax is worth 120 billion compared to 1.2 billion benefit fraud so I think there are other people to blame for the state of our economy. As for claiming benefit myself I claimed for 2 months when I was made redundant a few years back, other than that I've always been able to pay my own way through working. I've not always been flush at times but have been able to cover my costs and pay tax.

I also agree, but why does it feel like we are the only country in Europe that does this. I understand there are real people in peril, ok let's help the genuine people, but I also feel some people are in no peril at all and so camp out in places like calais for months even years just to get over to us. Got to ask the question, If they are in such peril then they would take anything, so why don't they just seek asylum in france.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I also agree, but why does it feel like we are the only country in Europe that does this. I understand there are real people in peril, ok let's help the genuine people, but I also feel some people are in no peril at all and so camp out in places like calais for months even years just to get over to us. Got to ask the question, If they are in such peril then they would take anything, so why don't they just seek asylum in france.

They can take anything,,,except the French!

Was not Was

Loitering with intent
Jul 31, 2003
why does it feel like we are the only country in Europe that does this?

It's called 'availability bias'. You live in Britain, you hear people spewing out this narrative about Britain, and you don't hear an alternative story because no-one has an incentive to tell it. People in other countries in your position might say the same about their country. Who knows?

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Bushy, a mate of mine lives in Italy and he says they fuckin hate Gypsies (they actually bulldoze any camps that spring up - not like our wank politicians dedicating £96m to building them houses) and most Eastern Europeans, especially if they commit crime the police/government then f*** them straight out of the country. Why oh why cant we as a nation deport them
even more examples of our stupid sytem here mate.

Polish doctors are billing Britain £1M for more than 500 pregnant mums who snubbed NHS and flew home to give birth | The Sun |News

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports