Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] No trains for Brentford

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Anyone driving from/via south London to Pyecombe with two spare spaces? Happy to contribute petrol, of course.

Edit: Not actual petrol.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Just get a bus from Old Steine.
#25 goes to the uni, #29#29 drop you off on the side of the A27 just outside the stadium.
No, walk down to St Peter's is quicker from the station. The 49 will also take you within 15 minutes of the ground. And if you're happy to walk to the bottom of Elm Grove, instead of St P, you can pick up the 23, which also goes to the uni

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
For those who are able, a march from Brighton to Falmer could be in order.

Would be some spectacle with 10's of thousands of fans protesting along the way

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I was trying to work out my best route from South London for this.
Bus to East Croydon - Train Brighton - Walk to Falmer

I can handle that on the way to the game, but coming back will be too big a risk
I have a work event in Liverpool on Thursday - leaving home at 5am.

Probably going to have to swerve this one.
I occasionally walk it. At a brisk pace it takes about an hour and 15 mins following the route below. As the game should finish by 9.30 (7.30 ko), should be ok to catch the 22.56 Thameslink. That's what I'm intending to do anyway. There's two other trains after it if you miss it.

The four-plus miles each way is a bit of a slog though and it's not a pleasant route, just following the main drag. Quickest way is to head straight down Lewes Road and then turn off past Sainsburys down Uppr Lewes Rd to the Level, then down Baker Street to London Rd and up the steps to the side entrance to the station.

Last edited:

Jul 7, 2003
I was trying to work out my best route from South London for this.
Bus to East Croydon - Train Brighton - Walk to Falmer

I can handle that on the way to the game, but coming back will be too big a risk
I have a work event in Liverpool on Thursday - leaving home at 5am.

Probably going to have to swerve this one.
Maybe check Seagull Travel for any availability from anywhere near a mainline station such as Burgess Hill or Haywards Heath?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Salty_Seagull

Quality over quantity
Jul 2, 2015
Brighton/Hove
No, walk down to St Peter's is quicker from the station. The 49 will also take you within 15 minutes of the ground. And if you're happy to walk to the bottom of Elm Grove, instead of St P, you can pick up the 23, which also goes to the uni
I don't know why you responded "No". All those options get you to the ground. If you've ever tried to get a bus from St.Peters Church when no trains are on then, unless you get there super early, the buses sometimes come past full up. Old Steine gives you a better chance but you do you

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I occasionally walk it. At a brisk pace it takes about an hour and 15 mins following the route below. As the game should finish by 9.30 (7.30 ko), should be ok to catch the 22.56 Thameslink. That's what I'm intending to do anyway. There's two other trains after it if you miss it.

The four-plus miles each way is a bit of a slog though and it's not a pleasant route, just following the main drag. Quickest way is to head straight down Lewes Road and then turn off past Sainsburys down Uppr Lewes Rd to the Level, then down Baker Street to London Rd and up the steps to the side entrance to the station.
Yeah I often walk it anyway (I need the exercise).
More concerned about last minute cancellations due to industrial action.

I don't normally make the 22.56 , as I like to stay til the end, and take it quite leisurely.
Might have to make a move before the final whistle for this one (bad fan)

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I don't know why you responded "No". All those options get you to the ground. If you've ever tried to get a bus from St.Peters Church when no trains are on then, unless you get there super early, the buses sometimes come past full up. Old Steine gives you a better chance but you do you
Yep. I'm amazed people are discussing walking it back to town when buses are available. Walk through the underpass to Sussex Uni and jump on a 25 before it comes back past the Amex and Falmer Station and fills up.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Yep. I'm amazed people are discussing walking it back to town when buses are available. Walk through the underpass to Sussex Uni and jump on a 25 before it comes back past the Amex and Falmer Station and fills up.

Perhaps they are too busy being outraged?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here