Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] No trains for Brentford

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
EDF P&R is a godsend. Got there at 6.15, on a bus by 6.30 and it took around 45 minutes, mainly down to the weight of traffic on the A27 approach to Falmer, and the bottleneck going up to the Falmer sliproad (WHY are the P&R buses not allowed to take the left lane to the top and cut in at the roundabout ??). Anyhoo, took a little bit longer than I expected and cut it a little fine, but I was safely ensconced in the WSU in time for kickoff.

Coming back was a breeze. The EDF queue is noticably smaller than the others. Was back at my car not long after 10, and in front of MOTD with a cheeky dry red in no time.

If the EDF wasn't open tonight then I just wouldn't have bothered - when there's no trains its just too much ballache for a grumpy man in his fifties. But I'll be EDF-ing it again on Saturday (as I understand another SASTA SHITSTORM is brewing this weekend). Well done the club for sorting this, its the smoothest route to and from the Amex by far, in my experience.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Well, I managed to grab a Bridge parking space and went in the end.

Glad I did.

Fiskmås

Jan 2, 2020
Sorry to hijack the thread, but while talking about trains... I'm travelling down from Luton airport to Brighton at around 5 pm tomorrow, this thread makes it sound like the bus might be a safer bet for that trip? Or am I misunderstanding which trains are affected?

The hotel told me to check in no later than 8.30 pm or risk sleeping on the street, so any input would be much appreciated :)

Last edited:

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
The Brighton Uni car park was a bit chaotic. Not sure if it usually like that or was just because the Pyecombe PnR buses were collecting from there.
Given the circumstances the club did well but shame about the no shows

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
Shuttle bus from Lewes Station, got there5 mins before KO. Bit of a wait for the return, but I've waited longer for a train plenty of times. Back home in Crowborough by 11 so not too bad. Well done the club. Was half tempted to watch on TV, glad I didn't, great performance

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Sorry to hijack the thread, but while talking about trains... I'm travelling down from Luton airport to Brighton at around 5 pm tomorrow, this thread makes it sound like the bus might be a safer bet for that trip? Or am I misunderstanding which trains are affected?

The hotel told me to check in no later than 8.30 pm or risk sleeping on the street, so any input would be much appreciated :)
I have no idea what the bus options from Luton Airport would be, but you should be fine on the train with Thameslink taking you all the way from Luton Airport Parkway to Brighton.

The timetable for tomorrow looks fine.

Good luck!

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton

The train from Luton should be fine. You’ll get on and get a nice seat. You can then watch the sardines pack on at London.

Bit worried about the quality of your hotel if that’s their attitude.

Sorrel

Jul 5, 2003
Back in East Sussex
First time I’d ever used the Race Hill P&R yesterday; was great. From the comments of others in the queue I think they laid on extra buses (over 6 double-deckers after full time waiting).

Nice to see a win at home. Should have been a much safer victory, but a win is a win.

Waited to the final whistle, ran to the queue (not far from the south stand, though) and got back and out quickly. Was impressed, might use that P&R again…

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I thought it was a decent turn out last night all things considered, more in attendance than I had feared prior to the game. I got the first shuttle I saw before the game. Hung around after the game for a bit and then got a bus within about five minutes of joining the queue, even got a front seat. A decent end to a splendid evening, cracking performance last night, and a very big win.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
1 hour 15 to get out of Bridge Street
M4 closed J12-13
Needed emergency charge due to pending diversion
At Chobam met a father and son Ecuadorean from Watford who are season ticket holders in the South Stand
Home at 0159 work at 0700

WORST TRIP home in probably 10-12 years

Oh well back Saturday !!
The M4 also closed J19-J20 which was lovely too for us South Wales supporters…still at least we won, that always helps.

If they run the Pyecombe P&R again I’d definitely use it, got back to the car at about 10pm and straight out. The Bridge is just terrible.

Fiskmås

Jan 2, 2020
I have no idea what the bus options from Luton Airport would be, but you should be fine on the train with Thameslink taking you all the way from Luton Airport Parkway to Brighton.

The timetable for tomorrow looks fine.

Good luck!

The train from Luton should be fine. You’ll get on and get a nice seat. You can then watch the sardines pack on at London.

Bit worried about the quality of your hotel if that’s their attitude.

That's a relief, thanks for the replies gentlemen!

And regarding "sleeping on the street", I just might have been paraphrasing a bit. But I do tend to go cheap on hotels and prefer to spend the money elsewhere. Someone has to keep the Amex gift shop afloat ;) .

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
That's a relief, thanks for the replies gentlemen!

And regarding "sleeping on the street", I just might have been paraphrasing a bit. But I do tend to go cheap on hotels and prefer to spend the money elsewhere. Someone has to keep the Amex gift shop afloat ;) .
As long as it is not the Royal Albion Hotel.

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
The M4 also closed J19-J20 which was lovely too for us South Wales supporters…still at least we won, that always helps.

If they run the Pyecombe P&R again I’d definitely use it, got back to the car at about 10pm and straight out. The Bridge is just terrible.
Agree we have used it twice and will use it again if possible.
Saves the 0900 log on and 0930 cancellation of Bridge street car park tickets then re arranged for another day.

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila

And bloke who sits next to me was ‘moaning’ about an hours walk home because of no trains

Jul 7, 2003
Yes the bus operation was very good, pleased it went off without too much trouble, now just find where these dodgy Ensign Buses are hidden normally 😂
A quick google seems to say that those Ensign buses came down from Purfleet. Fair play to the club for reaching out far and wide to get transport.

I see Seagull Travel had coaches from Eastbourne working at least one West Sussex route as they tried to increase capacity so another good job.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
First time ever at the bridge car park, my god I couldn't do that every game, just made it out as the ambulance arrived at the traffic lights so had to turn left and turn around. Back in the car after the game at 945 on the main road at 1045.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here