No sign of the promised striker

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I take it u are referring to Mr K...and yes I agree
And The Orchid's return.

Regarding Knocky I'd be really pessimistic about him (half empty) having been burned by Razak's home debut.
Thinking 'well he's clearly a flash in the pan', 'nobody that good rocks up at a second division club' etc.

But the fact that he played like his YouTube showreel says just how good business that was.

With him, Kaz, Murphy and Rosenior none of the strikers will have any excuses.
All the while playing in front of a defence that can only get stronger.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
He is a natural poacher though so with the right service and balls to attack it would have been a possibility and probably not broken the bank..[/QUOTE

He was past it 2 year ago, no point we already have Zamora and Hemed for the role he would fill.

Id be pleased if we made a move for Bamford, Murray, Lambert.... Murray and Lambert on loan, Id like to buy Bamford if the price is right.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
2 goals in 22 appearances since 2013. Perhaps his poaching days are over

How do you know he doesn't do a perfectly decent EGG? With 22 appearances in two years he's certainly had time to perfect the water to vinegar ratio.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
I would have looked at a short term deal for Becchio, who has signed for Rotherham and played under CH at Norwich.

If we couldn't get Becchio or Derbyshire, what about John Stead? He seems to still get a few goal, including against Chelsea only last season.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
Unlike others I can see the benefit in a short term deal for an unwanted Prem striker if that is what we are left with after what I am quite sure has been a pretty exhaustive continental search. BZ is still fantastic but isn't going to be able to play every minute of every game, Wilson may well be good enough when fully fit and well to score the goals we need to go up but could be recalled, Hemed is suffering a lack of confidence I believe (may score in streaks so could be due another run but who knows) and Baldock hasn't been prolific even when fit, though his all round contribution is ok. We need another option, especially with the number of chances Knockaert will create, and a striker who can play on the floor as well as aerially would be a big help. Crouch, Steven Fletcher or, dare I say Murray, would fit the bill. The second named is out of contract in the summer and would be in the shop window which can never be a bad thing in terms of incentive.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
If we couldn't get Becchio or Derbyshire, what about John Stead? He seems to still get a few goal, including against Chelsea only last season.

Jon Stead is worse than what we already have, and he has fallen down the divisions for a reason. He may well be scoring a few goals, but they are in League 2 for Notts County.

Simiarly with Luciano Becchio, he was on fire a few seasons ago at Leeds, but finds it difficult to get a game even at Rotherham now. Must be something very wrong if Leon Best is keeping him out of the team!

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Becchio is no better.than any of the options we currently have and with so few appearances over 2 years would take the rest of the season to get match fit

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Jon Stead is worse than what we already have, and he has fallen down the divisions for a reason. He may well be scoring a few goals, but they are in League 2 for Notts County.

Simiarly with Luciano Becchio, he was on fire a few seasons ago at Leeds, but finds it difficult to get a game even at Rotherham now. Must be something very wrong if Leon Best is keeping him out of the team!

He returned from Argentina recently and had a 2 week trial to assess his fitness and they signed him last week.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007

Exile is joking imvho.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
This thread title is annoying me. Nobody has 'promised' a striker.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
Borini, seems to be out of favour at Sunderland if they are trying to swap him for Ayew.
I think he was on loan at Swansea wasn't he? So maybe he just stated a willingness to go to them.
But if he is out of favour, he could do worse than drop to a team that may well be swapping places with Sunderland at the end of the season.
I'd imagine his wages may be a problem, so maybe a loan with a view to buy if we are promoted.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports