Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

No sign of the promised striker

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Not players of the standard we need to be looking at. You get the odd gem out of contract im sure but few and far between.

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
Well if players are out of contract, they may be desperate to find a new club.

Not so desperate as to play in a totally contrived game, surely? If our scouting and recruitment team needed a game like that to decide who to sign, I'd despair of them! This isn't a trial for Sussex Schools U10s!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Not so desperate as to play in a totally contrived game, surely? If our scouting and recruitment team needed a game like that to decide who to sign, I'd despair of them! This isn't a trial for Sussex Schools U10s!

It would benefit a club considering signing a player who hasnt player much this season like Adebayor, Kevin Nolan and even Rortherham Lucciano Bechhio. or dare I say it J Lloyd Samuel or Ashley Cole.when Villa were considering him.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer

Just not going to happen anyway! For a number of reasons, not least it would be undermining the thousands of man hours spent scouting by PW and his team.
We can make up all the incredible suggestions we like, but almost certainly at this late stage the die is already cast. For my money we are waiting for other Prem deals to be completed before we can buy. I'm praying ...and yes I know it's not likely, that due to Leicester buying new strikers they might let us have Leo ...... on loan at least. :shrug:

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Just not going to happen anyway! For a number of reasons, not least it would be undermining the thousands of man hours spent scouting by PW and his team.
We can make up all the incredible suggestions we like, but almost certainly at this late stage the die is already cast. For my money we are waiting for other Prem deals to be completed before we can buy. I'm praying ...and yes I know it's not likely, that due to Leicester buying new strikers they might let us have Leo ...... on loan at least. :shrug:

Unfortunately, as loathe as I am to say this, with Leicester three points clear at the top of the Premier League, it's likely, if Ulloa were to be loaned out, other lesser Premier League teams would show an interest.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
I've been around a while chaps, not always posting but long enough to witness Mutts Nutts' relentlessly negative chatter on here, including his failed one man campaign to get us all to call CMS 'McSmudger'.

It's tiring to read, to be honest, and I hope for his sake he is trolling because it would be awful to be genuinely that negative.

To answer your question... Yes we might go up. Not likely but possible and as an Albion fan of 25 years standing that's good enough for me.

Hope my English is up to scratch. Love and kisses xxx

" including his failed one man campaign to get us all to call CMS 'McSmudger'"

Thanks for making me laugh

DanRedman

Mar 18, 2014
Not long now to the end of the window. Looking more and more like a last minute deadline signing - if any. Please no more Dobbie's!

I'm hoping that placing this post will mean some good news very soon!

Didn't Hughton say on BBC Sussex last weekend he wasn't going to sign a striker?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here