Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

No Priti Patel Thread?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
A strong woman with common sense and serious about law and order. . No wonder the left don’t like her.

Common sense and law and order? That cannot be Priti Patel as she was forced to resign for an illegal contact with Israel. No law and order there, nor common sense.

In her resignation letter, Ms Patel said her actions "fell below the standards of transparency and openness that I have promoted and advocated".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-41923007

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
A strong woman with common sense and serious about law and order. . No wonder the left don’t like her.

If that's common sense, then we need to redefine the word.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
What she did was have some unauthorised meetings with some Israeli ministers whilst on holiday . Apparently this was because she will looking into the possibility of giving a small amount of foreign aid money to Israel to help it increase its medical budget when dealing with injured Syrians in the Golen heights

What she did was unauthorised so a big no no but I think it was done with good intentions. There was no suggestion she was going to personally gain financially from any arrangement. Also and important to remember that Israel is a close ally of the UK and has been for years , they regularly share intelligence information at govt level . It would have been far far worse had she had any unauthorised meetings with any countries that were not friendly allies .

Last edited:

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
What she did was have some unauthorised meetings with some Israeli ministers whilst on holiday . Apparently this was because she will looking into the possibility of giving a small amount of foreign aid money to Israel to help it increase its medical budget when dealing with injured Syrians in the Gaza Strip.

What she did was unauthorised so a big no no but I think it was done with good intentions. There was no suggestion she was going to personally gain financially from any arrangement. Also and important to remember that Israel is a close ally of the UK and has been for years , they regularly share intelligence information at govt level . It would have been far far worse had she had any unauthorised meetings with any countries that were not friendly allies .

A very sympathetic take. But even at its best this was an astonishing lapse in judgement from someone in high office who had her eyes fixed on even higher office?

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I wonder how those who would defend Patel from the accusations of bullying reacted to the bullying accusations levelled at Gordon Brown or John Bercow?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

I'm still waiting for those examples of me saying Patel should be sacked because she's an Asian woman BTW, I assume you have them else you'll withdraw your insinuation?

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
I'm still waiting for those examples of me saying Patel should be sacked because she's an Asian woman BTW, I assume you have them else you'll withdraw your insinuation?

Shut up you slice.
You know the reason you want her sacked. You disgust Me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here