Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

No Priti Patel Thread?

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
Sod the bullying - how is she still in any position of authority when she made those unauthorised trips to Israel at taxpayers' expense?

She may be a bully but she is certainly corrupt.

That's grounds for promotion under the current regime.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Sod the bullying - how is she still in any position of authority when she made those unauthorised trips to Israel at taxpayers' expense?

Any civil servant that committed such abuse would never see public service ever again

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Strangely, I always thought that from comments generally, NSC was more Labour supporting.

The political threads tend to be dominated by leftie/liberal hypocrites, desperate to use the anonymity of the internet to make themselves sound good. When one reads the Albion threads, you tend to read more comments from folk who rarely use the political threads, and they invariably sound far more reasonable.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
What I find a bit strange is some people willing to believe all the unproven allegations about bullying against Priti were front and centre in championing and defending Bercow who similarly has numerous unproven allegations against him. Also worth remembering most of the people criticising the Home Secretary for being a bit dense or not up to the job preferred to see Diane Abbott run the Home office..

It just highlights the predictable double-standards.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
After her resignation in 2017 as UK international development secretary over her unauthorised meetings with Israeli officials that should have been the end of her career in the ministry.

But this is a post truth, post shame Britain, par for the course

You’re no minister these days without first having to have resigned at least twice before due to some controversy. As you say, zero shame these days and endless narcissism

SAC

May 21, 2014
Quote Originally Posted by JC Footy Genius View Post
What I find a bit strange is some people willing to believe all the unproven allegations about bullying against Priti were front and centre in championing and defending Bercow who similarly has numerous unproven allegations against him. Also worth remembering most of the people criticising the Home Secretary for being a bit dense or not up to the job preferred to see Diane Abbott run the Home office..

It just highlights the predictable double-standards.

Both Tory MPs, both alleged to be bullies, however as far as I am aware only the Priti Patel aide has been paid compensation.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

Got a few examples then?

Not sure you can argue that just because people voted Labour they were keen to see DA as Home Secretary. She was just part of that package!

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Could you imagine Priti Patel and Kaitie Hopkins in a room together, overseen by the odious Piers Morgan. I'd pay to see that!

Only if the lock was on the outside of the room.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
She should certainly win first prize for the oddest shaped MP.
I would love to see that supercilious pout wiped off her face.
She probably thinks she is untouchable, hopefully now she will get found out.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
You’re no minister these days without first having to have resigned at least twice before due to some controversy. As you say, zero shame these days and endless narcissism

Time was, one mistake and you are OUT... nowadays all is forgiven, I think it started with Liam Fox after his scandal over his expenses and his "errors" while Minister of Defence led to him resigning yet still being brought back in to government later.

Maybe Private Eye could tot up all the various resignations and admitted etiquette, rule and law breaking by elected MP's and appointed Ministers ??

Just to start the ball rolling,

Johnson, conspiring to get a journalist beaten up, admitted drug use... plus many others

Gove, admitted Cocaine use,

Patel, examples of Bullying and harassment across three different cabinet pots.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Amusing.. 60% of NSC (who expressed a view) voted for Labour/Lib Dem or Green at the last GE, nearly double the Tory vote. This place is so progressively woke it even attracts lefties from Derby, Middlesbrough and Ireland.

https://www.northstandchat.com/show...ection-Thread&highlight=general+election+poll

As for Priti (and she knows it) Patel... she would eat you alive and you'd love every minute of it. :wink:

priti-patel-p-e1571099765404.jpg

Not moving in these circles, I wouldn't expect you to understand - but to think that the Civil Service has suddenly become "snowflake" is the view of an ignorant Daily Express reader.

They put up with all sorts over many years and politicians of every belief can be equally useless and "bullying". Having known a few other the years, I'm always surprised how genuinely "depoliticised" they are. If you think they are secretly members of the Communist party you are mistaken.

However even the most aggressive MPs split the room and have loyalists and admirers in the Civil Service. Just in life.

The government is a quite different in modern times since it is led by a Prime Minister who famously doesn't really have any political friends or allies. He is actually very liberal politically (privately supports freedom of movement) and his closest friends are outside politics.

Unfortunately he has put together mainly a Cabinet of opportunists like himself. Ready to laugh at his jokes but equally ready to stab him in the back. Knowing that he is effectively "weak", they can get away with blue murder. The fact that Priti Patel was ever there or is still in a job show displays his weakness rather than his strength.

The mistake he has made is putting an attack dog like Cummings in charge to try and keep it all together. He would have better off with a softer pragmatic diplomat to glue it all together and have quiet chats with the Civil Service / other ends of the party to smooth things other.

All great PMs do that but Boris isn't one, will never be one and this will end in tears.

Last edited:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
.. and should have added what you are witnessing is someone hugely ambitious but wholly out of their depth. Makes up for it by shouting and threatening people.

For a while that gets misinterpreted as strength, but it's clear to see this is someone unfit to do their job.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
Certainly not TSC but the lack of thread on this and others does go to show that our conservative chums on the board almost fall over themselves to post stuff if they think it shows up the 'other side' as a bunch of rotters. This reaches it's lowest form when people post gleefully about the bigotry of the other side, not because they care about the bigotry, it's just an excuse to have a pop. See: Baker lite (this thread), JCFG, pastafarian, chicken run and more.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
oh, and this

how is she still in any position of authority when she made those unauthorised trips to Israel at taxpayers' expense?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
oh, and this

Because she has been defrauding the taxpayer by using expenses and not by using benefits - completely different method of defrauding :wink:

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
tumblr_mpqqxknIeb1qjjsgbo1_250.gif

Priti, Priti, Priti good. Larry David CANNOT be wrong.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here