Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

No panic signing of a striker

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I wasn't actually saying we should get a striker in before the Cardiff game although that would have been great if possible. I do appreciate that these things take time and that the club are no doubt looking at options. The thrust of my post was that we can't afford to take a gamble with the strikers we've got for the rest of the season - a view I stand by.

And the club obviously know that. They are more aware than anyone else. I just get fed up of these threads every transfer window. It is fair enough to analyse at the end of the window but, with so many transfers happening late in the window, is there a need for one of these threads seemingly every couple of days. I feel we should trust the club now. We've had three excellent transfer windows and I completely trust them.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Rhodes isn't all that....And Wednesday just about to spunk £10 million on him makes me smile!

But don't worry guys! We are the ones that have failed FFP apparently

Wednesday signing him would be good. He will score a few goals, although it's hard to see what he will do on top of what their current strikers offer, and they wouldn't be against us. Hopefully he might get a few against teams like Leeds and Reading though.

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
And the club obviously know that. They are more aware than anyone else. I just get fed up of these threads every transfer window. It is fair enough to analyse at the end of the window but, with so many transfers happening late in the window, is there a need for one of these threads seemingly every couple of days. I feel we should trust the club now. We've had three excellent transfer windows and I completely trust them.

The January Transfer Window and Zero Chance of signing anyone today threads are pretty bleak reading. I'm go even further and say that, should we bring no-one in, we should trust the club that that's the right thing to do, rather than bringing anyone in for the sake of it.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
The January Transfer Window and Zero Chance of signing anyone today threads are pretty bleak reading. I'm go even further and say that, should we bring no-one in, we should trust the club that that's the right thing to do, rather than bringing anyone in for the sake of it.

Agreed. I'd rather we didn't bring someone in than brought the wrong player in. Having said that, I wonder if a loan of a Wilson equivalent is back up option. Surely we can find someone like that. At least that would give us a fourth striker (which I do think we're short of).

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
I am not ITK, nor do I have a diary full of fantasy friends of employees ala BG. My guess is CH would like Robbie Keane and as he decides this week his destination that's what we're waiting on, if Keane goes elsewhere I'd be confident other loan/purchase options are already known and something will be done. Just a hunch mind you!

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
But not in the key games at the end when we were done in...or in the play offs

Rhodes did well for boro but without knowing too much about the detail of the games it is difficult to know what he actually did i.e. he scored 2 goals in 90+ mins to win games but had he also missed a lot of chances which another striker would have put in. His 6in 18 games is not startling.

I am not against bringing in a striker or indeed 2 as I am still not sure about Sam. However I don't think we should jt spend 10million on expectation that the striker will score, he/they need to be the right player

For tomorrow , assuming no Murray, we have a number of options i.e. play Kayal and move AK up. lot might depend on Bruno though.

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
This, with bells on. IMHO the striker shortage issue should have been sorted out before the window had even opened. This situation should never have happened and it's not hindsight either. Been saying it since the summer. Not good enough by the club.

Sent from my E2303 using Tapatalk

Someone needs new sheets....

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Can people stop pretending Jordan Rhodes isn't very good.

The guy scores goals. He's either AMAZINGLY lucky or he actually knows what he's doing.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Can people stop pretending Jordan Rhodes isn't very good.

The guy scores goals. He's either AMAZINGLY lucky or he actually knows what he's doing.

But he is the reverse Vydra.

Excellent everywhere he goes, except the AMEX.
Making him a rather pointless purchase.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Imagine O'Grady scoring the goal that sends us up...

Also, where does recalling Elvis rank in the grand scheme of things?
I believe Elvis cannot be recalled until after 28 days, but that does leave a 3 day window to do so from 29th Jan.

I think we'd get more effort and commitment from COG though.

At what point on transfer deadline day do we cut our losses and go for the recall option ? ???

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
I believe Elvis cannot be recalled until after 28 days, but that does leave a 3 day window to do so from 29th Jan.

At what point on transfer deadline day do we cut our losses and go for the recall option ? ???

In the last 18 hours when most of the deals are done.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Given COG's goalscoring contribution over the past 2 seasons I'd rather go with Murphy playing inside in support of Murray with young Connelly from the u-18's/DS on the bench.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

In the last 18 hours when most of the deals are done.

No club likes an empty office photographic tweet, at lunchtime on deadline day, more than the Albion.

Personally I was expecting 'the' striker to be signed weeks ago and the club to tweet it then.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here