Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

No P&R for Newport game

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
For my entire life, I've assumed when buying a ticket for any event that I will have to get myself there. I find it amazing that people can get so wound up about this, especially as the tickets are a tenner each to watch 2 top level clubs.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
For my entire life, I've assumed when buying a ticket for any event that I will have to get myself there. I find it amazing that people can get so wound up about this, especially as the tickets are a tenner each to watch 2 top level clubs.

I don't think its the friendlies that are the problem, its the fact that a proper competative match can be played with no provision by the club to get the fans there despite this agreement being in place for the past 50 odd competative matches.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I think they should have officially communicated that travel wasn't included in the ticket price. As it is, we currently only have a rumour on a messageboard.

Bit embarrassing as well that someone has already told Newport fans that they have free rail travel from Haywards Heath.

If you look at the club website in the travel section it clearly states travel is included with your match ticket. They could be in a bit of bother if they now retrospectively change this for specific matches.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
And this from Brighton & Hove Buses website:

Brighton & Hove Albion are NOT running any Park & Ride buses or special services for the first three friendly/cup games on the dates below.

Saturday 27 July, Tuesday 30 July and Tuesday 6 August.

Tickets for these matches DO NOT GIVE FREE TRAVEL. It is clearly stated on the match ticket so there will be no doubt as to there validity.

Is that a direct quote? If so the proof reader should e sacked as the final there should be a their.

For more than 10 years, buying a ticket to an Albion league or cup game has included a travel entitlement as part of the price.

They shouldn't suddenly change this, without telling the customers.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003

I have an element of sympathy with that view, when we played at Goldstone for example (and Gillingham) there was no subsidised travel and no Park and Ride. However wasn't it a condition of planning at both Withdean and Falmer that the club provided P & R? Plus the subsidised travel has been a part of the Albion matchday package for about thirteen years now, some fans will have known nothing else. Consequently I think people are right to query it, although I accept that when the tickets were announced the price should maybe (maybe) have made people think twice about what was included.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
For my entire life, I've assumed when buying a ticket for any event that I will have to get myself there.

Things have changed my friend. I have purchased tickets for a variety of things which have included travel to and from the destination over the recent years. It's best to check of course; which if you currently still do on the club website you will be told that travel is included in match tickets.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
For more than 10 years, buying a ticket to an Albion league or cup game has included a travel entitlement as part of the price.

They shouldn't suddenly change this, without telling the customers.

This.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Does having no P&R mean that the Coldean parking restrictions won't be in place ?

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
£12 ticket just a PR stunt.

No travel; booking fee of more than 10% - the ACTUAL cost won't actually look THAT cheap considering its Newport at home in a crap cup...

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009

This. Flippin heck, this will be a fairly low crowd for an unattractive fixture, we'd do well to break 10,000 (which would still be big for the 1st rd of the league Cup). I'd be surprised if getting to and from the game would be too much of a problem.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Booking fee is £1.50. No auto cup scheme avoidance of it available.

Bus ticket (day rider) is £4.60 from the driver. Imagine train return something similar.

So the actual cost of attending the game is around £18 if you factor in what we have got for the ticket cover price over the last ten or do seasons.

Still reasonable and cheap?

Joe Gatting's Dad

Feb 10, 2007
Way out west
Whilst I do not agree with it, if you go on to the club online ticket site and click on the Newport County game, it does state quite clearly that transport and P & R are not included in the price of this ticket.

reigate

Nov 10, 2005
Does having no P&R mean that the Coldean parking restrictions won't be in place ?

With neither of these avaialble, i'm not actually sure how I can get to the game. I work in Crawley and live in Shoreham, and won't have time to drive home and get myself to a train station. Yes I could drive to somwhere lile Lewes, park and get the train, but it's a pain in the arse I can do without.

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
So if no park & ride provision, then presumably the new parking match-day parking restrictions won't apply? They can't have it both ways.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Club: "Tickets for Newport County are only £12. We wanted to make them cheaper. Look at us giving something back to the fans.*"

* You will, of course, have to pay us £1.50 for the privilege of buying a ticket and if you drive to the match, you won't be able to. And if you use public transport, you'll have to pay for it. And we won't use the auto cup scheme so we can collect the booking fees etc...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here