Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

No NYD football

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
I remember the NYD trip to Swindon and how we were 4-0 down before the ref abandoned it due to a waterlogged pitch. Oh how that changed our mood!

JOLovegrove

Jan 30, 2012
Ipswich a few years ago was a cracking day out. That team really was special with Kuszczak, Bridge (what a goal from him), Bridcutt, Barnes, Orlandi and more. How I would love some of them back!

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Was that the 96/97 season? When Phil Andrews netted the equaliser only for Garry Nelson to break Albion hearts minutes from full time. It was ****ing freezing that day too.

Phil Andrews :ohmy:

I shall never complain about [insert current Albion striker] again.

The Stout Yeoman

Master Farter
Aug 14, 2003
59 Le Petomane Boulevard
I went to that one. I'd been out the night before with a certain P Canning. He turned up for our minibus still wearing his paper hat that we'd been given in the pub we saw New Year in. Paddy the driver greeted him in his thickest Irish accent "there's nothing worse in the morning than a f***ing taxman in a crown"

That got the loudest laugh we're going to hear in the office today !!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
That got the loudest laugh we're going to hear in the office today !!

It's just reminded me of another NYD away trip to the midlands in the same era. For some unknown reason we were playing West Brom. I was a smoker at the time and a couple of minutes after midnight me and [MENTION=60]Seagulls over Lewes[/MENTION] threw our lighters down a drain to prove we were giving up.

After about an hour's sleep on someone's floor we headed to the station. By Euston we had met some Spurs lads and ponced a ciggy each off them :facepalm:

Having said we were going to take it easy we found a little pub open near Smethwick Rolfe St, just us and an elderly Sikh. I was later told we'd done 8 pints before the game but all I can remember is one bloke sat at the top of the terraces copiously chundering and being given a wide berth by everyone, stewards and OB included. They probably thought he was still hungover rather than pissed again.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I can remember a nice short trip to Charlton on NYD before their ground was re developed, we scored after about 30 seconds and were battered for 89½ minutes and won one nil.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here