Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

No monorail - how about a miniature train?

I think I know the one you're talking about. 16 of us went camping up in Ashurst a couple of years ago and for something to do we went to visit King Henry VIIIs hunting lodge. And that place had one that went around some lakes, a long track if I remember rightly.

Only I can't remember the name of the place.

Bolebroke Castle near Hartfield. Sadly never got to visit the railway, guy who owned the placed died a few years back and the house has been sold and railway gone. But if you like riding on little trains try this one:-

http://www.cockcrow.co.uk/

or even this one which is a bit nearer to home:-

http://www.bentleyrailway.co.uk/index.html

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
what about an elaborate system of trebuchets and nets based at the marina and ground? ......... Then people could use the Volks for part of their journey to satisfy their train fetish.

350px-Trebuchet_Castelnaud.jpg

obviously the ones at the marina wouldn't be facing out to sea but we could sort that out later.

Dunk

Jul 27, 2011
Lewes
surely a water-slide is the way to go? fix it to the top of WSU, follow the railway line and finish up in the pond by Preston Park. It seems so obvious.

French Seagull

Jul 30, 2014
France
Obviously terminating at the Amex, but where do you plan to put the other end and stations along the way?
Will it be steam, diesel or electric?

Plymouth would be great for me,

While you are at it could you sort out that bit of track in Devon that got washed away as well (please before next winter)

when the government/Cameron said what ever it costs for a long term solution - apparently he didn't mean it (none of the four options work for him)

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Luke-Jerram-transforms-Bristols-Park-Street-into-90-metre-water-slide_dezeen_1sq.jpg

They managed it in Brizzle.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here