Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

No monorail - how about a miniature train?

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
No council of any colour is going to fund a scheme like this, especially if it's not going to see a return. Councils simply aren't given budgets for it, and if they can't make a case for its financial viability, it's dead in the water.

However, the Greens, as you put it, haven't spent anything on cycle lanes. Nor for that matter - if you're talking about the Lewes Road cycle lanes - has Brighton & Hove City Council.

:yawn::yawn::yawn:

OK, they have spent the Government's (our?) money, let's be pedantic.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
clearly not! is it still going then? I ALWAYS WANTED A GO

Does that thing still run? I used to get taken on it occasionally as a kid.

Yes it still runs in the bottom NW corner of the park.

http://www.hoveparkrailway.co.uk/dates.html

DSCF0194.jpg

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Czechmate

Oct 5, 2011
Brno Czech Republic
What about a funicular railway for the WSU , obviously a stop at the 1901 so I can get off , we could use the Hastings one for the winter then hand in back just in time for the summer period ???

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Tunbridge Wells would be the obvious (and most popular) terminus I would have thought.

Or we could actually build The Brighton Line as a miniature railway?

View attachment 46772

Could the Hanover & District Line be extended from either Devil's Dyke or Fulking to Cowfold?, (match-days only perhaps), then l could simply change at Dyke Road to the Albion Line straight to the Amex.

Love the map though, whose art work was it?

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Could the Hanover & District Line be extended from either Devil's Dyke or Fulking to Cowfold?, (match-days only perhaps), then l could simply change at Dyke Road to the Albion Line straight to the Amex.

Love the map though, whose art work was it?

It's a Sean Simms poster. Utterly brilliant. I have one framed in our loo. The more you look the more you see. http://seansimsillustration.blogspot.co.uk/2010/04/brighton-line.html

I particularly like Jordan's Peak and muesli hill.

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
That brings back some memories. Had some good times on that. Also that other model rail in Sussex(?) that goes around the lake.

I think I know the one you're talking about. 16 of us went camping up in Ashurst a couple of years ago and for something to do we went to visit King Henry VIIIs hunting lodge. And that place had one that went around some lakes, a long track if I remember rightly.

Only I can't remember the name of the place.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
That brings back some memories. Had some good times on that. Also that other model rail in Sussex(?) that goes around the lake.

Brook lands in Worthing is in Sussex and the train goes round a lake. That's the video I posted in the opening post. Or did you mean somewhere else?

I also think there might be one in Crowborough but doesn't go round a lake.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Brook lands in Worthing is in Sussex and the train goes round a lake. That's the video I posted in the opening post. Or did you mean somewhere else?

I also think there might be one in Crowborough but doesn't go round a lake.

There's one at Bentley's Park and Museum but I don't remember a lake

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here