No Minutes Silence

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
If any club chairman (most of whom are likely to be wealthy people, who probably benefitted from Thatcherism and 'Greed is Good') decide to hold a minutes silence, then I sincerely hope that sustained and vociferous boos ring out across their grounds, to show them how far out of touch they are

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
If any club chairman (most of whom are likely to be wealthy people, who probably benefitted from Thatcherism and 'Greed is Good') decide to hold a minutes silence, then I sincerely hope that sustained and vociferous boos ring out across their grounds, to show them how far out of touch they are

I'm very glad Tony Bloom hasn't made the kind of statement that Whelan has.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Forgive me but who do you think you are to claim to know how I would react in any given situation?

I know lots about you.

1) You've named yourself after a programming language
2) You follow geeky stuff on twitter
3) You are 27 - too young to even remember Thatcher in power
4) I can see your previous posts on here

You don't need to be sherlock holmes to know that you're not going to start full on confrontation in front of thousands of people at the Amex. I'm not making any sort of judgement, I'm just highlighting the futile nature of your bravado.

Agree entirely. I would have to go back to the concourse and voice my feelings away from those who wish to celebrate her legacy - something I would find impossible to do.

Equally pathetic.

P.S Don't think I'm some kind of thatcher lover, I'm too young to have lived through and appreciated the pros and cons of her tenure. As far as I'm concerned I'm neutral - she did some good things and some bad things and I can see why people hate her. I just find it a bit nauseating the way some on here see being anti-thatcher as a badge of honour and are now taking part in a game of see who can make idle threats to prove they REALLY disliked her. "Yeah man, I physically wouldn't be able to keep my mouth shut"

It was never in a million years going to happen. If any of you are unable to accept that others might have a different opinion to you, then you really need to grow up.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Inappropriate and won't be respected anyway. Would there be one for Blair, was there one for Callaghan ?

I don't believe she tried to kill football, she knew nothing about it or any other sport for that matter. Misjudged the public tone about the British Athletes going to Moscow too.

Led by others with agendas about something she didn't understand or wanted to.

Madjeski as a Tory party donor has got his excuses in early but there won't be a minute of anything on Saturday.

Fascinating reading the Thatcher threads over the last few days. In a small way a testimony to what she brought to this country.

Division.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
I know lots about you.

I'll give you point 4 but that only shows how I act on here. Not entirely indicative of my personality on the whole.

The username is actually because I play bass and when I was 15 or so I thought BBassic was a clever play on words like 'bassically speaking'. Probably isn't but it stuck.

Right about me being geeky however SQL is my language of choice.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I'm just wondering what will happen with the funeral. I very much dislike her having lived through her term of office, but, if she is buried I'm sure that the grave will be desecrated by some idiot or several. I can't see that any form of permanent statue or headstone will last a week. Probably best for her to be cremated and her ashes scattered somewhere.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I'm just wondering what will happen with the funeral. I very much dislike her having lived through her term of office, but, if she is buried I'm sure that the grave will be desecrated by some idiot or several. I can't see that any form of permanent statue or headstone will last a week. Probably best for her to be cremated and her ashes scattered somewhere.

She's being cremated.

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011
I know lots about you.

You don't need to be sherlock holmes to know that you're not going to start full on confrontation in front of thousands of people at the Amex. I'm not making any sort of judgement, I'm just highlighting the futile nature of your bravado.

Equally pathetic.

P.S Don't think I'm some kind of thatcher lover, I'm too young to have lived through and appreciated the pros and cons of her tenure. As far as I'm concerned I'm neutral - she did some good things and some bad things and I can see why people hate her. I just find it a bit nauseating the way some on here see being anti-thatcher as a badge of honour and are now taking part in a game of see who can make idle threats to prove they REALLY disliked her. "Yeah man, I physically wouldn't be able to keep my mouth shut"

It was never in a million years going to happen. If any of you are unable to accept that others might have a different opinion to you, then you really need to grow up.

My favourite ever post. Thank you sir.

Oct 25, 2003
a working mens club (or some other northern-type establishment) in a pit town close to middlesbrough are holding a party on the day of her funeral

doubt a minutes silence would've gone down to well on saturday anyway....she was never the most popular in the north east

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here