The lies and deceit gained Grabban a little more bargaining power
Confidence - BHA taken in
By a converted penalty at The Amex north end

The Grabban hands...

Take a bow son.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Bournemouth told him that they didn't want to lose him. So he comes here and asks for our best deal. Then he takes it back and says to them, beat that and I'll stay. They say yes and he gets a big pay rise without the hassle of moving. You've got to admire him really.

D

Deleted member 18477

His loss really. Brighton are bigger and better than Bournemouth...

Money money money...

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Says who? Nobody is saying that we offered Grabban as much as our pay structure allows - what's more plausible is that we offered him as much as we were prepared to offer him, and he's decided he'd rather stay where he is. At least he's staying where he is, rather than going somewhere crap like QPR.

Says The Argus.

Albion are expected to revert their attention to Cardiff's Joe Mason. He will cost around £2 million but will fit in with the Seagulls' wage structure.

That line implies to me that Grabban didn't fit our wage structure, but Mason will.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Things happen for a reason.....fate always has its way. We`ll look back soon and realise we are better off without him.

This. Like I mentioned previously on another thread: We lost out on Lorenzo Pinamonte and ended up signing Zamora. That turned out ok didn't it.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Says The Argus.

That line implies to me that Grabban didn't fit our wage structure, but Mason will.
The Argus don't know what personal terms we offered Grabban. I doubt we offered him as much as we pay Ulloa (or CMS/Upson). No one was expecting Grabban to be as good as Ulloa - he'd be second choice, or play on the wing, I don't think it would be too smart of us to offer the lesser players (which Grabban would have been) our top salary. The Argus are just writing stuff to fill pages. We can't even be sure what Mason would want, if he wanted to join us.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Three cheers for TB and the board. No good us banging away on here about greedy players then whinging that we won't get promoted because we won't throw money at them. I'd love us to go up, but I'll be equally as happy if we just consolidate and build the club. We must be in the top handful of clubs in the football league who are unlikely to see the administrator. And after our nightmare history I'm grateful for that. In Bloom, Barber and Co, we are blest....bollix to Grabber Grabban I'd much sooner have Conway back.

Tyreman123

Jun 27, 2013
Thank god, this clown or his agent has been there and done this all before, so I for one am totally relieved that he isn't coming to our club, we were just "the chosen club" to help force through his demands elsewhere, ask Crawley for one , they know all about him

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Oh well, if his ambition is to be a big fish at Bournemouth it's probably a good thing he didn't sign for us :shrug:

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Gutted when we didn't land Van Dijk, couldn't give two hoots about this one

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
There's always the possibility he's aware of his own limitations and knew he'd only ever be second fiddle to Ulloa at the Albion. Furthermore if we were to gain promotion he'd be very unlikely to play in the Premier League and he could very well have recognised this.

He stays at Bournemouth and remains a relatively big fish in a small pond. Gets himself a pay rise and doesn't have to move or face a long daily commute.

You could call it a lack of ambition or maybe he's just happy where he is and doesn't want to risk upheaval when he may not cut it.

How many of us would uproot from our jobs for somewhere 100 miles away, if your own boss offered you more to stay put?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
So relieved that we haven't signed him. Didn't see the fit.
I trust our owner and management, so if they wanted a player, I'd rather we got that player. I can't see how it can be good that we have to go for plan B.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here