Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

No Grabban

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Please can you tell me why we have only one fit striker and some lower league journeyman on loan when the aim was to make the playoffs again.
Us Brighton fans have previously been known for our patience.

The deal has got to be right for us. Besides I rate Grabban below Barnes and wayyyyyyy below Mason if he turns out to be our next target.

:smile:

Last edited:

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Well this whole thing has cost Bmuff a few quid and us nothing. Perhaps he didn't fit in personality and money wise. He was keen enough to talk to us.
Anyway if we sign Conway and Mason then great! We have CMS coming back and Obika so while I think selling Barnes was a mistake, we seem ok not to have to shell out for a player that might not have been worth 1mil.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Thank goodness. I really do wonder regarding some of our targets.

Not that bothered about Mason either, but preferable to Grabban in my view.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Good luck to him, I thought he would have been a good replacement for Barnes but Bournemouth have obviously been good to him and we were not a big enough step up for him to merit the move.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Not sure why people see this as a lack of ambition? We made what we deemed a fair offer for him. It seemed that he was happy but his agent wanted more. I think the club has done the right thing. We should not be dictated to by some greedy agent.
The loser in this in my mind is Grabban. He could have made a step up in his career but due to advice he has not.
Don t see it as us who lost out. There are other players of a similar of better ability who will be more than happy to come here. Mason maybe being one of those.

monkeymz

Sep 27, 2011
rpm what i heard and seen it was all down to the agent ,once he heard that other clubs was looking he wanted a 3 year deal for grabban

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Not sure why people see this as a lack of ambition? We made what we deemed a fair offer for him. It seemed that he was happy but his agent wanted more. I think the club has done the right thing. We should not be dictated to by some greedy agent.
The loser in this in my mind is Grabban. He could have made a step up in his career but due to advice he has not.
Don t see it as us who lost out. There are other players of a similar of better ability who will be more than happy to come here. Mason maybe being one of those.

I don't see Grabban as the loser here. He's undoubtedly got a much improved contract out of Bournemouth from this. AFCB are the only 'loser' if you need to find one, as they will have had to allocate a chunk of their budget to his new contract.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
The holiday to Brighton was fun-packed
The contract with Bournemouth, still intact

The Grabban hands grab all they can
All for himself (and his agent) - after all
It's a competitive transfer market

Everything counts in large amounts

Spanish Dave's 2013/14 performance graph on the wall
Tells the story of it all
Picture it now see just how
The lies and deceit gained Grabban a little more bargaining power
Confidence - BHA taken in
By a converted penalty at The Amex north end

The Grabban hands...

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
The holiday to Brighton was fun-packed
The contract with Bournemouth, still intact

It's a competitive transfer market

Everything counts in large amounts

Spanish Dave's 2013/14 performance graph on the wall
Tells the story of it all
Picture it now see just how
The lies and deceit gained Grabban a little more bargaining power
Albion taken in
By a tosser & some spin

The Grabban hands...

This.

ps hope you don't mind me adding the highlighted lines, Cheeky. :kiss:

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Or, conversely, we showed interest in Grabban to 'play' Cardiff over Mason.

I hope you aren't suggesting that we have a chairman and back office team capable of negotiation tactics? If you read NSC you'll know that they are penny pinching morons who never buy good players and refuse to spend any money to even compete with non-league side wages.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
I don't see Grabban as the loser here. He's undoubtedly got a much improved contract out of Bournemouth from this. AFCB are the only 'loser' if you need to find one, as they will have had to allocate a chunk of their budget to his new contract.

I see him as a loser as personally i see us as a step up. Although this could balance out with the additional money he is getting.
I agree Bournemouth are losers if they have allocated a large chunk if wages to keep him.
I think it says it all if he could not fit into our wage structure.
I don t know who our top earner is but i would not be happy to see us paying Grabban the same or more than a fair number of our players.

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
So a player valued at 1.1M doesn't fit our wage structure, but a player valued at 2M does? Sounds like Grabban or his agent making excessive demands to me.

Sounds like Bournemouth have been played like an upright bass. Glad TB told him to do one.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Or its that he has no ambition and probably had absolutely no intention of leaving anyway - but just wanted a wage increase so used the 1st club who payed any sort of interest in him.

We can compete against clubs like Bournemouth, but when players want to act like this - then the club can do nothing.

Or maybe he didn't like what he saw at brighton? Obviously we wouldn't pay his wage, so it's a no brainer really

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here