Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] No clean sheets so far this season

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
Maybe it's something as fans we need to get used to with our current style of play under De Zerbi. On the plus side, watching the Albion nowadays is never boring.

The keeper situation is slightly mystifying, in terms of consistency. Bart looks like he has become the Dutch number one keeper. Should that alone place him at the front of the queue for more starts? Time will tell.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Maybe it's something as fans we need to get used to with our current style of play under De Zerbi. On the plus side, watching the Albion nowadays is never boring.

The keeper situation is slightly mystifying, in terms of consistency. Bart looks like he has become the Dutch number one keeper. Should that alone place him at the front of the queue for more starts? Time will tell.
In a word no! We are going to have to get used to the keeper rotation. And all the Bart fans need to remember the Bournemouth and Liverpool errors before they start demanding that Steele should be relegated to a definitive no.2

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Conversely, scored in every PL and EL game this season and 24 goals in those 11 games.
Looks like RDZ may be seeking to emulate the feats of the wondrous CMS-era Peterborough 😀

'Peterborough finally finished 4th in 2010–11 with one of the worst defensive records in the third tier, conceding 75 goals, but scoring 106; the most for anybody in the Football League that season'

Last edited:

Van Cleef

Jun 17, 2023
On the plus side, watching the Albion nowadays is never boring.
This all day long. Goals = happy.
Imagine watching one of the grinders each week (everton, palace etc).o_O
I honestly have NO CLUE each week whether we'll win 4 nil or lose 6-1. We all want to see Albion win, but the bottom line is we all go to matches to be entertained and this season is seat of the pants stuff and I'm loving it.

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
In a word no! We are going to have to get used to the keeper rotation. And all the Bart fans need to remember the Bournemouth and Liverpool errors before they start demanding that Steele should be relegated to a definitive no.2
I take your point regarding Bart's mistakes. That said, if De Zerbi sticks with Steele for the majority of our games our Dutch keeper will probably be angling for a move away, to try and cement his Dutch starting spot. We'll cross that bridge... No one has a devine right to start. We certainly aren't the only Premier League club with question marks over which keeper should be starting between the sticks. De Zerbi is happy to rotate, from time to time. Ultimately we trust his judgement.

Delighted about the amount of goals we are scoring. Although Potter's last game brought about five goals against Leicester, a lot of our performances under his leadership were pretty stale. In comparison to Roberto's.

Last edited:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I’m much more concerned that we haven’t won a game since Bournemouth TBH

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I heard or read or imagined a stat that, yesterday, we equalled a rather obscure Premier League record when we scored against Manchester City.

We've now gone nine games at the beginning of a Premier League season with both teams scoring in each fixture. So, if both us and Fulham manage to score next Sunday, and there has to be a very good chance of that, we'll be the standalone record-breakers.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Whilst, like everyone else, I'm delighted that we are an attacking team - and very good at it - I can't help but feel that what seems like a very relaxed attitude to conceding goals is taking it a step too far. The only teams with a worse defensive record than us are the bottom three teams, and that has to be a worry.
Agreed, replacing Caicedo and Mac (and the now injured Estupinan) was never going to be easy, and the new players haven't generally shone yet. Fair enough, it's early days, so hopefully they will settle in in time. But what will be a worry is when our goal scorers hit a barren patch - as all strikers do - is that while we aren't scoring the habit of conceding is going to be hard to break.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Was clear right from the first game at Anfield we’d be very open and exposed in some games. No major surprise there but also think our defending at times has been shite this season.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Was clear right from the first game at Anfield we’d be very open and exposed in some games. No major surprise there but also think our defending at times has been shite this season.

Missing Caicedo and MacA.

It got masked by final scores … Luton first half carved open our right, Bmuff took us apart for 45 and should’ve scored more.

Dunk and Veltman the only defenders who’ve been class almost every game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here