Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] No Bong?

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Good luck to the fella, always put a shift in and a big part of the promotion winning squad. Cheers for everything Gaetan.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Good luck Gaetan. If only every player passing through this club gave as much as you have after the 4 and a half years at this club we would be a very lucky club indeed. Mr Bong thanks for being a great servant of the club and good luck with your new venture at Nottingham Forest.......a great move for you and for Forest.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Just posted a goodbye on Instagram

Screenshot 2020-01-30 at 20.44.12.png

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
I know the Argus jumped on this and we are Brighton are too (don’t agree with highlighting it even if it is true btw!)

If Bong moves to #NFFC , then his last memory as a #BHAFC player will be getting booed off the pitch by our own fans

Not the way a promotion winner who gave 5 years service, overcame 2 serious injuries & played 100 times for the club should be leaving

I was sat right by the dugout and heard not one boo. A few ironic ish cheers from the north but certainly no booing! Did anyone actually hear booing / lots of booing? I feel this has been made into something it isn’t...

Very audible on the stream, can't have just been a few. Sheebo as per with the thickest pair of albion-tinted specs on.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Why is it that people who saw the stream say they can hear it yet those that were there seem not to?
I couldn't hear any booing either at the ground. Must have just been unfortunate where the microphone was located.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Very audible on the stream, can't have just been a few. Sheebo as per with the thickest pair of albion-tinted specs on.

Ha you weren’t there then? You heard audible booing when Bong was subbed? Maybe the fact I was clapping him off (despite having a shocker) and supported my team (at the actual game) meant I couldn’t hear it but I certainly didn’t - nothing to do with specs. You, on the other hand are the complete opposite to what you called me, and are anti BHA to the extreme. But there ya go. Find a clip of it from your stream / armchair... nobody else at the game has commented they heard it...

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Why is it that people who saw the stream say they can hear it yet those that were there seem not to?

Because those watching on the stream aren’t the most intellectual and couldn’t sort themselves out to buy a ticket yet are the most vocal at moaning? Sorry to generalise :lol:

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
He's at a level where he can shine now, and that has to be good for any player. I was never a Bong-hater like many, but neither was I a fan - I was somewhere inbetween.

One thing I can say though, was that he always conducted himself admirably. He never sulked, always gave his best, and was a decent bloke in front of the fans. Personally, I wish him well at Forest - and I hope he and his family settle there and Gaetan enjoys his football.

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
Wish him all the best with his future but a good decision for all to let him go. Never a fan of him as a player but carried himself with dignity and professionalism on and off the pitch.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I am sad to see him leave.

Good steady player. Strong solid and someone who always gave his all .

His form could be erratic on the odd match but it is in the dressing room he will be missed the most where he was a real steadying influence to the youngsters and some of the others as well.

I think he will be a Big Loss in that regard to the Club

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Always a great pro, maybe never a top drawer player but always put in a good shift. I suspect he was probably a good influence behind the scenes.

He can still be a very good championship player.

Bon chance et merci monsieur Bong

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I thought that giving 100 % and being a good pro was enough for most football fans.
Bong always gave 100% and was a great representative of the club.
It' was Brighton that signed him and it was Brighton's managers who put him on the pitch where he always tried his best.
But like Ashley Barnes, that isn't good enough for certain fans whereas they pick on players who must be made a scapegoat for some of our more stupid, angry, know it all so called supporters.
What was he supposed to say?
Thanks for picking me gaffer but I don't want to play as I'm not good enough?
Let's take it out on players that don't make an effort and let the club and fans down.
Gaeton wasn't one of them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here