Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] No Bong?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I know the Argus jumped on this and we are Brighton are too (don’t agree with highlighting it even if it is true btw!)

If Bong moves to #NFFC , then his last memory as a #BHAFC player will be getting booed off the pitch by our own fans

Not the way a promotion winner who gave 5 years service, overcame 2 serious injuries & played 100 times for the club should be leaving

I was sat right by the dugout and heard not one boo. A few ironic ish cheers from the north but certainly no booing! Did anyone actually hear booing / lots of booing? I feel this has been made into something it isn’t...

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Appears to be a very professional guy. Always gives 100% and lets not forget that he played his part in two amazing seasons. Good luck to him

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I know the Argus jumped on this and we are Brighton are too (don’t agree with highlighting it even if it is true btw!)

If Bong moves to #NFFC , then his last memory as a #BHAFC player will be getting booed off the pitch by our own fans

Not the way a promotion winner who gave 5 years service, overcame 2 serious injuries & played 100 times for the club should be leaving

I was sat right by the dugout and heard not one boo. A few ironic ish cheers from the north but certainly no booing! Did anyone actually hear booing / lots of booing? I feel this has been made into something it isn’t...

Yeah absolutely agree with you... I didn't hear any booing..
As you say a few cheers that he was going off/being replaced.
If I remember correctly, we were chasing the game and needed a more attacking option to replace him so was absolutely the right call.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Yeah absolutely agree with you... I didn't hear any booing..
As you say a few cheers that he was going off/being replaced.
If I remember correctly, we were chasing the game and needed a more attacking option to replace him so was absolutely the right call.

We are Brighton do seem to like to have a pop at our fans at times when they prob didn’t hear boos either. And to bring it up when he’s leaving is just to antagonise. Accounts like that build our more sheep-like fans into a negative frenzy. Then some of them post on here.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
We are Brighton do seem to like to have a pop at our fans at times when they prob didn’t hear boos either. And to bring it up when he’s leaving is just to antagonise. Accounts like that build our more sheep-like fans into a negative frenzy. Then some of them post on here.

There may alsohave been a groan just prior to him coming off, after a pretty ineffectual cross from him
I seem to recall him looking disappointed about coming off, amidst some of the cheers at the substitution.
It possibly did betray the underlying issue that he isn't a good enough attacking threat to make a difference under Potter.

But that kind of proves how much the fella cares about the club.. I'm sure it wasn't because he felt the fans don't rate him.
There are plenty of numpties around me who get on Solly's back when he does anything. Don't think I've ever heard a comment directed at Gaetan.

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
Just seen on East Midland news NF have signed Bong on a permanent contract as their current player returned to Spain with Getafe.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Get a life, it's a football forum where people express an opinion.

For what it's worth, I agree he was great value and a great servant I just don't rate his ability as highly as a lot on this thread.

Nothing against him as a person and wish him well for the rest of his career.

I was alluding to the treatment he got in his last game, which [MENTION=457]sheebo[/MENTION] is now discussing, as opposed to get general toy throwing we all do on here.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I was alluding to the treatment he got in his last game, which [MENTION=457]sheebo[/MENTION] is now discussing, as opposed to get general toy throwing we all do on here.

Again, I heard no booing. There may have been the odd idiot out of 15k but that’s always the case and not the reason to write an article like the Argus did, or tweet like ‘we are Brighton’ did - I didn’t hear anything except slightly embarrassing cheering (could have been aimed as support to his replacement (AJ I think?) or even irony at Potter going more attacking.) but somehow it’s turned into Bong being roundly / loudly booed. He wasn’t. I was there, right by the press bit. It’s hear say bollocks and Chinese whispers as far as I’m concerned..!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Good luck to Gaetan Bong.

Fantastic player for us and part of the great promotion side. Best of luck at Forest, hope he gets another promotion.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
If true a 4 1/2 year deal is unbelievable for a player of nearly 32 years old. Good luck to him.

Of course it’s not true FFS!

This is what someone had read on Sky Sports Transfer Centre!

“The Cameroon international signed a deal with Forest until June 2022, and the move ends a four-and-a-half year spell at the AmEx.”

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Great move for Bong, I'm happy for him. He was a good player for us.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Solid defender and always reliable for us when called on just lacked the attacking side of his game which is becoming a key requirement now for top flight full backs.

Has been a great pro at the club and wish him well at Forest a good addition at that level.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here