Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Niki Mäenpää signs a 2 year deal

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
So he should be number one no matter how badly he plays ?

Jesus you spout more and more rubbish every time you post, first Ben Roberts as cover and now this

Competition does breed improvement it's a fact

he is old
can you find it in your heart to forgive him

Iamapen15

May 17, 2009
Back of the North Stand
I'm told it's all agreed and he's signing Monday. The Fin that is, not BR! From someone fairly trustworthy.

Last edited:

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
A few days ago I saw one of the most imperious goalkeeping displays I've ever seen from Singapore's goalkeeper shutting out Japan 0-0. He plays in the Malaysian league so would be filthy cheap.......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRBH_LBAtTM

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Or Glenn Murray. For £0. To our closest rivals.
Palace GOONS perpetuate the myth we sold him.

There was no sale of Glenn Murray. Anyone who thinks there was could perhaps provide evidence of a sale contract being drawn up and signed ???

:lolol:

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Well, either way, we did not sell him.

Correct. And he bloke who decided that he wasn't worth the extra 2-3k a week left 2 years ago. We have a decent record for negotiating outgoing transfers:

Noone - 1.5m
Dobbie - 850k
Bridcut - 3m
Ulloa - 8m (probabky worth an extra 1.5m now)
Buckley - 2m for a sick note

The only one that may look undervalued - based on his subsequent performances more than what he did for us - has been Barnes. But with only 4 months left on his contract when he was sold, even the reported £700k we got for him wasn't bad considering that his Championshio level record was nothing special.

SteveTheSeagull

I AM A CRIPPLED ALICE FAN
Feb 14, 2015
Correct. And he bloke who decided that he wasn't worth the extra 2-3k a week left 2 years ago. We have a decent record for negotiating outgoing transfers:

Noone - 1.5m
Dobbie - 850k
Bridcut - 3m
Ulloa - 8m (probabky worth an extra 1.5m now)
Buckley - 2m for a sick note

The only one that may look undervalued - based on his subsequent performances more than what he did for us - has been Barnes. But with only 4 months left on his contract when he was sold, even the reported £700k we got for him wasn't bad considering that his Championshio level record was nothing special.

I'm going to refrain myself from saying something about that 15 million.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I'm going to refrain myself from saying something about that 15 million.

You do realise in that time we've spent at least half of that 15 million on incoming players (Stockdale, Ulloa and Baldock cost over £5million between them), it's not like the money is going back into Blooms pocket and he's spending it on hookers and gin. The rest has gone to meet the massive costs of running a championship side. We can ask if they've spent the money on the right players in that time, we'll have some hits and some misses like all clubs, but to say they are sitting on £15million of unspent transfer income is incorrect.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
You do realise in that time we've spent at least half of that 15 million on incoming players (Stockdale, Ulloa and Baldock cost over £5million between them), it's not like the money is going back into Blooms pocket and he's spending it on hookers and gin. The rest has gone to meet the massive costs of running a championship side. We can ask if they've spent the money on the right players in that time, we'll have some hits and some misses like all clubs, but to say they are sitting on £15million of unspent transfer income is incorrect.

No its not

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Our priority is not a goalkeeper so I hope we don't waste too much time on trying to sign one. Walton is a good enough back up keeper.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London

Completely agree with this. We spent a lot of money on transfers and wages over the first two years up and in the last two we've spent money on Chicksen, Stephens, Baldock, O'Grady, Stockdale, Kayal plus a number of players on loan/free transfers who probably had significant fees attached to them. There are a lot of fans who are pretty simplistic about football as it's very easy to spend someone else's money.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Our priority is not a goalkeeper so I hope we don't waste too much time on trying to sign one. Walton is a good enough back up keeper.

I agree it's not priority but I do think it's a good idea to loan Walton out for the season so he gets a full year of first team football and comes back a better player. If we do that, would you be happy with Ankergren as second choice?

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
I agree it's not priority but I do think it's a good idea to loan Walton out for the season so he gets a full year of first team football and comes back a better player. If we do that, would you be happy with Ankergren as second choice?

Ankergren would be fine as a very short stop gap either off the bench or covering for a match, but wouldn't feel comfortable with Casper filling in for several matches. There's several good keepers around who are available on free's (Al Habsi, Fulop, Bunn) who could come in, rather have one of those come in now and work with the squad rather than an emergency loan in who's not used to working with the squad.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here