Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nigel Pearson at it again.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
About what?

I couldn't give a shit what the press bang on about most days but then I'm capable of making my own opinion up about things.
About whether the press are talking about Chelsea's performance or Pearson losing his rag. I didn't mean my post to be an attack on you buy the way. I just don't think much of the press and so I don't care which they wrote about.

Stumpy Tim

It always amazes me that journalists are defended & defended, while people are happy to slam football managers, politicians etc. Journalists in the red top press, and generally when it comes to the soap opera of the Premier League, are a sleazy, slimy bunch of deceitful liars. I have no sympathy for any journalists who spend their lives trying to create stories & putting people under unnecessary pressure. Pearson has been under all sorts of pressure, and the media have been more than happy to fuel it. I don't blame him one iota for snapping now & again.

I don't particularly like Pearson by the way. I just prefer most managers to the press. Maybe Pardew is the exception.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Why did that make me think of HB&B? ???

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
With eagle eyes, gripping hands and ostrich related rants...

image.jpg

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p02qbr98 MURPHY interviewing PEARSON after the ruckus

Follow up worth listening too..i quite like Pat Murphy ...Pearson sounds a right willy and yet Leicester have been playing some good stuff

Murphy said ''have you ever thought about anger management'' ..i nearly choked at that one :D

Last edited:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
No no no. He has jumped on a junior reporter who did very little wrong. It's not passion, it's a lack of class. More importantly this will have wound up every member of the press core, all of whom where junior reporters once. Making an enemy of the press is very bad business for Leicester, and will prove terminal for Pearson.
Is the correct answer. Bizaare bullying behaviour..

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
It always amazes me that journalists are defended & defended, while people are happy to slam football managers, politicians etc. Journalists in the red top press, and generally when it comes to the soap opera of the Premier League, are a sleazy, slimy bunch of deceitful liars. I have no sympathy for any journalists who spend their lives trying to create stories & putting people under unnecessary pressure. Pearson has been under all sorts of pressure, and the media have been more than happy to fuel it. I don't blame him one iota for snapping now & again.

I don't particularly like Pearson by the way. I just prefer most managers to the press. Maybe Pardew is the exception.

I tend not to tar everyone with the same brush ...there is good and bad in every profession..including football managers/press

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008

This

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Listen to the interview on the link on my post above ..you will find it interesting

I just did actually! Yeh even in that he comes across very arrogant and narrow minded doesn't he.. Pressure seems to have got to him. Interesting he didn't deny telling that fan to **** off and die when given the chance and he pretty much admitted that quote was correct in doing so - and confirmed he didn't apologies to the fan too. Shocking.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I just did actually! Yeh even in that he comes across very arrogant and narrow minded doesn't he.. Pressure seems to have got to him. Interesting he didn't deny telling that fan to **** off and die when given the chance and he pretty much admitted that quote was correct in doing so - and confirmed he didn't apologies to the fan too. Shocking.

Its disappointing that he cant show a touch of humility ...Murphy makes it clear that he rates the work that Pearson has done with Leicester.
That anger management bit did make me laugh

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Nigel Pearson is heading for a fall, which in my view is nothing less than he deserves. A rude, brash and utterly reptillious bully. God knows what he must be like to live with.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Makes for a more entertaining press conference doesn't it. The sterile media trained answers we get from some many in football leads to a dull and sterile environment. Thanks **** for a few characters who make at least the odd conference enjoyable.

I am sure the reporter would see the funny side and has a thick enough skin to take this rather ludicrous line of comment.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Makes for a more entertaining press conference doesn't it. The sterile media trained answers we get from some many in football leads to a dull and sterile environment. Thanks **** for a few characters who make at least the odd conference enjoyable.

I am sure the reporter would see the funny side and has a thick enough skin to take this rather ludicrous line of comment.

We actually agree on something :thumbsup:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
He's apologised to the reporter and they're all friends again. The clip was shown on Breakfast tv.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here