Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nigel Pearson at it again.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Pearson comes across as a prick and a bully who likes playing the hard man. Witness that bizarre incident with McArthur earlier in the season where he had him by the throat and then wouldn't let go of his shirt.

"you are either being very, very silly or you are being absolutely stupid

I think you are an ostrich. Your head must be in the sand. Is your head in the sand? Are you flexible enough to get your head in the sand? My suspicion would be 'no'.
Baker: Probably not.
Pearson: I can, you can't. You can't."

It barely even makes sense. Is Pearson is saying that he can get his own head in the sand whilst the reporter can't ? What would that prove ?

Pearson is not articulate enough to try making smart-arse comments to reporters.

CPFC G

Dec 24, 2011
Pearson is an absolute dick. Intimidating local journos, Sad and embarrassing for a decent club like Leicester.

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
He's done nothing wrong IMO shown a bit of passion and stuck up for his players exactly what managers should be doing.

No no no. He has jumped on a junior reporter who did very little wrong. It's not passion, it's a lack of class. More importantly this will have wound up every member of the press core, all of whom where junior reporters once. Making an enemy of the press is very bad business for Leicester, and will prove terminal for Pearson.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I dont really think the question ased matters that much.

Pearson has no interpersonal skills. Reporters know how to make their lives easy. They wind people up like Wenger, like Alex ferguso, like Mourhino, like Ian holloway, knowing that if they are stupid enough to respond how Pearson has done here then they have got a full collumn in their newspaper filled the very next day. Not only that but they can get public forums talking about them and it just enhances the journalists career path.

Just watch Hughton with journalists. He leads them a merry dance and gets his points accross and doesnt go down the route the journalist wants to take them. He knows he is representing himself and the club and that you cant allow yourself to be railroaded.

Pearson needs to be taken aside by someone at Leicester and given some media training because the Sposors pay big money for their manager to be able to represent the club with decorum.

I felt sorry for Pearson that he couldn't keep his cool once again but the man needs help. He sees himself as some sort of Mafia Boss instead of a football manager. Those managers are easily expendable when the chips are down. The club will tolerate it only if he keeps them up but thay need to shoulder part of the blame for allowing such behaviour, although ultimately the buck stopr with pearson himself because he let himself down again

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
He's done nothing wrong IMO shown a bit of passion and stuck up for his players exactly what managers should be doing.

Disagree. Nobody was digging his players out. Pearson had vaguely alluded to his players doing brilliantly after all the criticism they had suffered in the press. The reporter then asked what particular criticism he was referring to - prompting Pearson to escalate all the way up to Defcon SNIDE before flouncing out. Pathetic. It was a perfectly reasonable question, but he decided to act like a prick again and start belittling the bloke for doing his job.

Embarrassing for all concerned.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Pearson is an absolute dick. Intimidating local journos, Sad and embarrassing for a decent club like Leicester.

Erm...have you seen who's managing your club at the moment?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
My opinion is that he's got nothing to gain from mocking a journalist like that.
It just provides evidence that he isn't that nice an individual.
There's being a strong character, then there's just being an outright a******e.

I agree. Sorry, but having to field 'inane' questions like the one asked, at post match press conferences, is part and parcel of being a football manager nowadays.

All of us have parts of our jobs that we don't like doing, but we still have to do them don't we?

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
No no no. He has jumped on a junior reporter who did very little wrong. It's not passion, it's a lack of class. More importantly this will have wound up every member of the press core, all of whom where junior reporters once. Making an enemy of the press is very bad business for Leicester, and will prove terminal for Pearson.

If Mourinho had done the same nothing would have been made of it. Granted Mourinho has achieved a bit more than Pearson but the point is still valid.

I woke up this morning to TalkSport going bonkers about what Pearson had done. I was thinking crikey this is going to be good. When I actually read what was said I don't think he said anything that wrong.

I completely disagree that it's bad for Leicester. As the old saying goes it's tomorrows chip papers. However I do agree about Pearson he shouldn't be trying to make enemies in the press and you are probably right it was somewhat signing his own death certificate. But passions run high especially after you've just got beat and I admire that passion and that loyalty to his own even if it was slightly misguided. If he keeps Leicester up then fair play to the chap. What does it matter if he has no interpersonal skills, he's there to manage a football club not win a popularity contest.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
If Mourinho had done the same nothing would have been made of it. Granted Mourinho has achieved a bit more than Pearson but the point is still valid.

I woke up this morning to TalkSport going bonkers about what Pearson had done. I was thinking crikey this is going to be good. When I actually read what was said I don't think he said anything that wrong.

I completely disagree that it's bad for Leicester. As the old saying goes it's tomorrows chip papers. However I do agree about Pearson he shouldn't be trying to make enemies in the press and you are probably right it was somewhat signing his own death certificate. But passions run high especially after you've just got beat and I admire that passion and that loyalty to his own even if it was slightly misguided. If he keeps Leicester up then fair play to the chap. What does it matter if he has no interpersonal skills, he's there to manage a football club not win a popularity contest.

He doesn't need to win a popularity contest, just conduct himself professionally instead of bullying provincial journalists whose job it is to have to dance to his tune.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Pearson: If you don't know the answer to that question, then I think you are an ostrich. Your head must be in the sand. Is your head in the sand? Are you flexible enough to get your head in the sand? My suspicion would be 'no'.
Baker: Probably not.
Pearson: I can, you can't. You can't.
Then surely you're the ostrich Pearson, you ****ing weirdo.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
A manager responds to being asked a perfectly decent, normal, sensible journalistic question by calling the guy who asked it an ostrich whilst trying to humiliate him? And that's normal, OK and defensible to some people?

Any normal person - i.e. not a vulgar, thuggish moron - would have said "No, I don't want to name any names but it has happened" or something and quickly moved on. He's a thoroughly nasty piece of work and I'm quite happy he's made a total pr1ck of himself in public.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
He doesn't need to win a popularity contest, just conduct himself professionally instead of bullying provincial journalists whose job it is to have to dance to his tune.

It's not up to anyone to judge what is professional or not other than his employer.

I have no sympathy for the journo because lets face it most of them are scumbags who'd sell their granny for a story. The biggest fool is Pearson himself giving it to them. Even then they've made a mountain out of a molehill to fill a few more column inches.

I've not seen a paper today but are any of them mentioning a great performance from the champions elect coming from a goal down to beat in an inform side scrapping for their lives? Or are they just focusing on a chap losing his rag at a press conference after being asked in his eyes a daft question. My guess is its the latter.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I've not seen a paper today but are any of them mentioning a great performance from the champions elect coming from a goal down to beat in an inform side scrapping for their lives? Or are they just focusing on a chap losing his rag at a press conference after being asked in his eyes a daft question. My guess is its the latter.
Seriously, who gives a shit.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
A valid point, however, I don't feel it's right to belittle people like that, especially in the public arena. It's only ever going to back fire on you.

Yep, on reflection that's probably a fair comment

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here