Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Nigel Lawson Dead

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Agree , he was a serious politician. Nowdays there doesn’t seem to be many serious ones either side of the pond .

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
He's looked like the walking dead for decades.

I'll offer to go round to Nigella's to comfort her.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Look although all the science says he’s dead, we need to find someone to claim he’s not to show balance in the debate. It’s what he would have wanted.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
He's looked like the walking dead for decades.

I'll offer to go round to Nigella's to comfort her.
I met him in 2018 and he was looking pretty frail.

We discussed Fitbits in a lift!

He was doing a talk in which he said he thought we would look back on Trump as a good President……

Overall, though, I always saw him as one of the good guys who brought in changes that allowed me and my friends to move up the food chain a bit, whilst not applying the wrecking ball that the current mob use exclusively.

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
He moved to Eastbourne a couple of years ago, and became a patron of the local Conservative Party.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Boom and.....bust.

I nearly lost my house thanks to his masterful stewardship of the economy.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
In 2017 Nigel Lawson relocated to France he was a staunch supporter for Brexit but chose to move to France after the Brexit vote in 2016 and in 2018 he applied for leave to remain retaining all his EU membership benefits.
After strong criticism back in the UK he stated he was still paying taxes in the UK and in Sept 2018 it was announced he was selling his home in France for almost £900,000 but what was not so widely reported was that he continued to live in France and settled elsewhere in the country.

I have no time for Tories they are all self serving individuals without any empathy for anyone outside the bubble of there own kind one where every opportunity in life is laid before you which leads me to ask the question was he the best person in the UK at the time to be Chancellor or was his background a shoeing and could the same be said of his daughter

91 is a good age and genuinely my thoughts go out to his family and friends

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
What a piece of lazy cliched generalisation.
Of course, Tories and Brexitters never resort to lazy, cliched, generalisations when criticising their political opponents, eh.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
A serious politician, that got seriously into climate change denial.

Founded the global Warming Policy Foundation and sat on the board of Net Zero Watch.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
In 2017 Nigel Lawson relocated to France he was a staunch supporter for Brexit but chose to move to France after the Brexit vote in 2016 and in 2018 he applied for leave to remain retaining all In 2017 Nigel Lawson relocated to France he was a staunch supporter for Brexit but chose to move to France after the Brexit vote in 2016 and in 2018 he applied for leave to remain retaining all his EU membership benefits.
After strong criticism back in the UK he stated he was still paying taxes in the UK and in Sept 2018 it was announced he was selling his home in France for almost £900,000 but what was not so widely reported was that he continued to live in France and settled elsewhere in the country.

I have no time for Tories they are all self serving individuals without any empathy for anyone outside the bubble of there own kind one where every opportunity in life is laid before you which leads me to ask the question was he the best person in the UK at the time to be Chancellor or was his background a shoeing and could the same be said of his daughter

91 is a good age and genuinely my thoughts go out to his family and friends
The French refused him citizenship because he was a member of Parliament in the House of Lords.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here