Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nigel Adkins

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Good point, but then I wonder how you'd feel if Brighton refused to do it to Palace? After the 'Poogate' debacle, anything is possible at BHAFC.

I'd be disgusted if we refused to do it, whoever the opponents were, even in the hugely unlikely eventuality that Palace would ever win a title.

As for the toilet trouble, the pathetic actions of one unidentified oddball are hardly representative of how the CLUB carries itself. Ask Parish about it. He'll tell you, as he has in the past, that Tony Bloom et al are a class act.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
A bit of sniping with Reading on here?

Ahhh....that takes me back. The debate as to which was the bigger of the two clubs used to RAGE away for months.

albionite

May 20, 2009
Well we do need someone to hate now palace are no longer with us, Could it be Reading?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Your final table is wrong. Walsall stayed up and Plymouth went down.

Brighton & Hove Albion (C) (P) 46 28 11 7 85 40 +45 95
Southampton (P) 46 28 8 10 86 38 +48 92

It was a bit closer than you lot seem to remember but, of course, you were on the beach by then.

We had won the title with an 88th minute winner at Walsall with 4 games to spare. The players took it easy and went through the motions in the last 4 games.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Didn't they also take out Ankergren shortly before one of the goals as well (he finished the match, but was clearly shook up by it).

I may be wrong but in my memory, Casper was assaulted, and should have gone off because, in my opinion he was not fit to carry on. We conceded a goal because Casper was so roughed up, then went off and was replaced.

The Murray thing was a nailed on penalty (I was immediately behind the goal) so really we were mugged that particular day by a bunch of thugs.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Well we do need someone to hate now palace are no longer with us, Could it be Reading?

If there's no club that deserves hating, why bother? And as Tanno said when asked if Gus was ever likely to join Reading: '"Reading?"

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
We had won the title with an 88th minute winner at Walsall with 4 games to spare. The players took it easy and went through the motions in the last 4 games.

This, and reference my previous post, we were mugged by SFC and/but it may have looked odd if we had appeared to have lain down to SFC and then beaten HTFC as both clubs were very much still in the hunt for promotion.

el punal

In my view he's guilty by association. When he was at Scunthorpe he did a great job and was rightly praised for getting the team into the second tier. The shit hit the fan when he joined Southampton, and like it or not, gave the impression that Saints were the top team and should have been champions regardless of the fact that the table does not lie.

His lack of grace in acknowledging Brighton's success has stuck in the craw of many an Albion fan and that will not easily be forgiven, or forgotten.

Anyway - good luck with him, and enjoy his wonderful sound bites!

mreprice

Sep 12, 2010
Sydney, Australia
Although he's a bit of a knob jockey, I think he's a pretty good manager and Reading should be favourites next season. Even more so now they've poached Bridgey off us

There is no doubt he's a knob. But apparently he was lined up to take over if Poyet had decided to go to Reading. Right now I think many Brighton fans wish that had taken place.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
What should anger you is your chairman and manager at the fact that they possibly could have worked harder to keep Bridge.

Have some self awareness.

You join the Championship with a massive financial advantage over many of your competitors. We all have to meet FFP rules. Your parachute payments will pay Bridge's wages and are not counted in this calculation. Others may be able to compete for the signature of players like Bridge if the cards were not so deliberately stacked in favour of any team who has spent one failed season in the top league. Last season Wolves, Bolton and Blackburn joined a division in which other clubs could invest money in their teams and compete with them. From next year clubs who do this will be penalised. FFP is a move in the right direction for football finances, but as it makes no attempt to even out the massive financial disparity between the Premiership and the rest of football, it will do nothing to stop idiotic amounts of money being paid to players by those clubs fortunate enough to get an unequal cut of the TV money.

Not satisfied with having a financial free pass to the top end of the championship you want to come onto other teams boards and tell them to cheer up about your flat track bullies sucking up all the best talent.

Big G

Dec 14, 2005
Brighton
Afternoon all,

I tend to visit the site when we (Reading) are involved, just to have a look at the opinions that are flying round amongst yourselves. However, it seems that Nigel Adkins doesn't seem to be quite popular among the Brighton faithful. I was just wondering why some of you are not so keen on him and whether an incident sparked this view?

Its because....quite frankly we think the blokes a cu#t.

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
Afternoon all,

I tend to visit the site when we (Reading) are involved, just to have a look at the opinions that are flying round amongst yourselves. However, it seems that Nigel Adkins doesn't seem to be quite popular among the Brighton faithful. I was just wondering why some of you are not so keen on him and whether an incident sparked this view?

scummer nuff said

king B

Jun 16, 2011
One of the enjoyable moments of that season was Dagenham & Redbridge (not Rushden & Diamonds) away in March where we won 8 out of 8 games. Adkins had come to watch us, & saw us win leaving before the end to a rousing chorus of 'Are we keeping up'?
I remember this is was one the of my funniest moment as a Brighton fair

surlyseagull

Aug 23, 2008
I had a dislike for reading when we went to elm park and their few thousand fans who decided to turn up and be outnumbered by us ,were singing to Clive Walker all through the match ...child molester !!!!! .To this day I cannot understand why and the only thing I can put it down to is he changed his shorts by the pitch and the reading fans thought they would be vile and slur his character because of it .
Perhaps someone could enlighten me :shrug:

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
I had a dislike for reading when we went to elm park and their few thousand fans who decided to turn up and be outnumbered by us ,were singing to Clive Walker all through the match ...child molester !!!!! .To this day I cannot understand why and the only thing I can put it down to is he changed his shorts by the pitch and the reading fans thought they would be vile and slur his character because of it .
Perhaps someone could enlighten me :shrug:

He wasn't called FLasher walker for nothing. Allegedly.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here