Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nigel Adkins

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
He might be a really good manager but I have never heard him say anything of consequence. I wonder a little whether without Crosby he would be able to organise a team at a competitive level. May never find out.

churley1

Oct 13, 2009
Bogota
The 'keep up' comments betrayed an arrogance, but COULD have been a joke. COULD.

Refusing the guard of honour smacked of bitterness and lack of grace. And no, there should never be a rule to make it mandatory. The whole point is that teams should freely CHOOSE to show respect to their victorious opponents. If they were only doing it because they had to it would be meaningless.

Good point, but then I wonder how you'd feel if Brighton refused to do it to Palace? After the 'Poogate' debacle, anything is possible at BHAFC.

PWA

European Tour 2023/24
Jul 23, 2011
West Sussex
Vs Saints Manager Nigel Adkins.jpg

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
To claim it helped them win the game is rubbish. We were 1-0 up and in control when Davis took out Murray, for what should have been the match sealing penalty. The ref turned it down, Murray limped off injured, and they stole the game in the last ten minutes.

Last 6 minutes, surely. From my Family Stand vantage point, the Murray penalty was not a certainty - albeit very similar to many CPFC penalty "wins" this season. I didn't think we were playing that well, but one medium sized hoof into the area and one massive hoof into the area did it for the tall boys.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
For me, the "if they can keep up" quote added their Manager in to an already felt irritation at the arrogance of Saints supporters, then the lack of a guard of honour and finally he insinuated that Gus had refused to shake his hand after the match, which helpfully The Argus had a photo of happening. I don't think it could be described as a warm and heartfelt handshake but nonetheless, a handshake took place.

Just generally an Onanist.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Its because he talks like David Brent, has a face nobody could ever tire of smacking, and specifically, because he showed a huge lack of class, in refusing to allow his Southampton team to give us a guard of honour when we played them in League One, 2 weeks after we'd beaten them to the title.

For me, that (in bold) is the main source of my hatred. Lots of managers made comments about other teams that upset their more delicate fans. Gus upset the saints fans by calling them rushden and diamonds with ricky lambert.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
To claim it helped them win the game is rubbish. We were 1-0 up and in control when Davis took out Murray, for what should have been the match sealing penalty. The ref turned it down, Murray limped off injured, and they stole the game in the last ten minutes.

Didn't they also take out Ankergren shortly before one of the goals as well (he finished the match, but was clearly shook up by it).

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
For me, that (in bold) is the main source of my hatred. Lots of managers made comments about other teams that upset their more delicate fans. Gus upset the saints fans by calling them rushden and diamonds* with ricky lambert.

One of the enjoyable moments of that season was Dagenham & Redbridge (not Rushden & Diamonds) away in March where we won 8 out of 8 games. Adkins had come to watch us, & saw us win leaving before the end to a rousing chorus of 'Are we keeping up'?

surlyseagull

Aug 23, 2008
He is a di*k splash ,an arrogant self opinionated smug up his own rectum type of guy who thinks his sh*te doesnt stink .Apart from that !!!!!!!

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
Can't disagree with anything you have said here. His record for getting teams out of divisions is very good, it will be put to the test to see if he can get a team to bounce straight back up, with history proving it doesn't regularly happen. NA does come across extremely smug, but when he is with your team, you put up with it (Suarez etc).

I can understand why you dislike him, it seems like he wants to be the 'winner' all the time and if he isn't, he doesn't want to know about it.

I'm pretty sure your lot will win the league next season - your club has a different feel to most that come down...

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
In ALL OF the post match interviews when his teams are beaten he always says 'we will dust ourselves down, get back to the training ground, work hard and show the spirit, determination and dedication we demand of our players and come back again stronger next week'

His managerial speak full of b***ocks sound bite interviews are almost as tedious as that other oxygen waster Holloway

......oh that and he has a face you want to take a wrench to

Mattenrod

Oct 4, 2012
Your final table is wrong. Walsall stayed up and Plymouth went down.

Brighton & Hove Albion (C) (P) 46 28 11 7 85 40 +45 95
Southampton (P) 46 28 8 10 86 38 +48 92

It was a bit closer than you lot seem to remember but, of course, you were on the beach by then.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Your final table is wrong. Walsall stayed up and Plymouth went down.

Brighton & Hove Albion (C) (P) 46 28 11 7 85 40 +45 95
Southampton (P) 46 28 8 10 86 38 +48 92

It was a bit closer than you lot seem to remember but, of course, you were on the beach by then.
Correct.

We won it at Walsall about a month before the end of the season. I think we lost our last three.

The Royals

Jun 7, 2013
I'm a Reading fan and I think that clearly Nigel Adkins knows what he is doing. Sure he says some 'cringe-worthy' things from time to time, but most managers do. They all spout the same sh*t in every interview but that doesn't stop us from liking a lot of them. I also admire Brighton as a football club (the fans and the players- I was at the Brighton and Reading game in the 2011-12 season and was struck by how much the club has improved) and think they deserve their recent success and hope they remain in the top sections of English football, but god you lot love to moan. This has all sparked up today because of the signing of Wayne Bridge. Football players leave clubs! Plus he wasn't your player so Adkins' choice to sign Bridge shouldn't anger you so much. What should anger you is your chairman and manager at the fact that they possibly could have worked harder to keep Bridge. It is QPR who should be more annoyed and we've already seen the over-loved and egotistical Redknapp angered because of this event. I haven't written this post to annoy or offend you because all football fans moan but I do think you guys are being a tad melodramatic.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I'm a Reading fan and I think that clearly Nigel Adkins knows what he is doing. Sure he says some 'cringe-worthy' things from time to time, but most managers do. They all spout the same sh*t in every interview but that doesn't stop us from liking a lot of them. I also admire Brighton as a football club (the fans and the players- I was at the Brighton and Reading game in the 2011-12 season and was struck by how much the club has improved) and think they deserve their recent success and hope they remain in the top sections of English football, but god you lot love to moan. This has all sparked up today because of the signing of Wayne Bridge. Football players leave clubs! Plus he wasn't your player so Adkins' choice to sign Bridge shouldn't anger you so much. What should anger you is your chairman and manager at the fact that they possibly could have worked harder to keep Bridge. It is QPR who should be more annoyed and we've already seen the over-loved and egotistical Redknapp angered because of this event. I haven't written this post to annoy or offend you because all football fans moan but I do think you guys are being a tad melodramatic.
:lolol:

Reading.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here