[Albion] Nicolás González

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I'm not sure that's correct, Ive taken this from Whoscored.com, its a breakdown of his season at Stuttgart and his Copa America appearance the other night. He's clearly most productive as a No9.

I looked at the data on transfermarkt. In the Copa America game, he was on the left of a three with Martínez and Messi but did not score so I can see where you are coming from. In addition, he was an striker for most of last season but his overall Stuttgart stats for every season is a strike rate of 29% as striker and of 30% for the other forward positions he has played.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Im not sure thats correct, Ive taken this from Whoscored.com, its a breakdown of his season at Stuttgart and his Copa America appearance the other night.. He's clearly most productive as a No9.

View attachment 137749

I agree with you - from what I've seen of him play and read about him, he appears to me to be a modern inside forward - like Salah. I think these days the traditional winger/forward/striker positions (9/10/11 if you like) have become blurred and a lot of successful teams will have players like this. If he's half as successful as Salah we'll be doing alright!

I'm personally of the opinion that we don't need a Murray type replacement and that we could do really well with a fluid, pacey and technically decent front three.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Seen him compared to Raul of Real Madrid. Quick and with great movement / reading of space etc. as his best attribute and being very left footed as biggest weakness.

You’d take that even if we don’t have a Torres to pair him up with. Popping up across all three forward positions also sounds very much like a Potter signing.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
They always look good in their videos.
Hmm , I can imagine Neal Maupay looking at this guy and asking, “what’s he got that I haven’t “ ?
The Bundesleague is decent but not as highly rated as our Prem. he scored, I think 6 in 15 appearances. I understand we are not going to sign world beaters but I would not see him as the Messiah .
Still, as GP would say , it would give us options.... :shrug::shrug:

He's not the Messiah.......................

Perry's Tracksuit Bottoms

King of Sussex
Oct 3, 2003
Lost
It's just my luck to get followed around here by a simpleton.

I support the Albion.
Pretty much everyone here supports the Albion, except you.
I've supported the Albion for well over 40 years.
The demographic suggests most here have supported the Albion for well over 40 years

In my time supporting the Albion, here's just a few of the 'highlights' I (we) have seen:-
(Highlights has ' ' around it because they are not, that's me being sarcastic - a pattern you really should have picked up on by now, but more of that later)

A striker score all his goals on his debut.
A moonwalker.
Mike Trusson.
A DJ trying his luck at that there football ting - not once but inexplicably TWICE.
An absolutely offensive lunatic who's goal was celebrated at the AMEX.
Raphael Meade.
One of our actual highlights cost a set of tracksuits.
We've cheered on Labradors, poodles, pitbulls but mostly tired terriers.
We've seen The Best and he wasn't.
We've had care workers (niche not many will know that) relatives of good players, we even had Kemy.

Being me is a horrifically low point in evolution, I have no idea where that puts you.
But you carry on stalking me here if that's what you need to get through your day, it doesn't bother me as much as it bothers others here.

But there must be a tiny corner of you brain left that isn't completely bunged up with mozzarella, saying:-

He can't mean Lionel Messi is shite.

For the love of God listen to that voice.

Because in a small off shoot discussion centred around 'not good enough - what more do you people want'.

Anyone who has Bryan waded through the 7 circles of hell that has been Brighton's attacking players for 35 of of his 40+ years calling Messi shite is most definitely being SARCASTIC.

Bryan waded :clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
This morning I wanted to name check. Chris O'Grady, but it escaped me until a short while ago.

I'm feeling guilty about Raphael Meade's inclusion, because there was another name I was reaching for but still can't quite pull it in.
If it doesn't come to me by lunchtime I'll be asking for help.

Lamie Robertson

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
I looked at the data on transfermarkt. In the Copa America game, he was on the left of a three with Martínez and Messi but did not score so I can see where you are coming from. In addition, he was an striker for most of last season but his overall Stuttgart stats for every season is a strike rate of 29% as striker and of 30% for the other forward positions he has played.

Which ever way we slice it, he is an upgrade on Maupay.

Gonzalez averaged 0.77 goals or assists per 90 this season. Maupay averaged 0.36 this season and 0.42 the season before.

Edit: In the interests of fairness, Welbeck averaged 0.41 this season

Last edited:

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford

Gonzalez averaged 0.77 goals or assists per 90 this season. Maupay averaged 0.36 this season and 0.42 the season before.

I still don't actually see him as direct competition for Maupay. If he signs, I could easily see us starting a game or two with Trossard. Maupay and Gonzalez as a rotating front 3.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX

Seems to be an upgrade but a little caution needed as he plays in a different league. Which is higher standard is up for debate?

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
So for the benefit of those of us that haven’t really followed this thread, is this signing a done deal then?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

No. It's official when the thread title is edited to include "Singed [insert date]". My fingers are poised. Providing it's not another Pritchard (dick) situation of course.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports