[Albion] Nicolás González

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
Crocked (and hopefully salvageable), or unproven at this level, or too old, or too young.

Everything else is going to cost the GDP of one of the Baltic nations to bring in.

It's a lottery. The more tickets you buy....

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
He certainly ticks all the Albion boxes ...

That's a year out of date now, hopefully he has improved since.

Here is a scattergraph from the same site, looking at the most effective strikers from Ekstraklasa, Swiss Super League, Eredivisie, Belgian Pro League, Championship, and Eliteserien.

Brighton-recruitment-analysis-1.png

This is the kind of data our recruitment department will be analysing, looking for undervalued talent.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Not getting excited until it happens. As a point of interest when was the last time papers were saying an Albion deal was done and it wasn’t?

The deal is not done, a fee has been agreed, but Fiorentina also have a fee agreed, it needs personal terms and medical completed before it is done. The last time a deal fell through after being reported as agreed was 2 or 3 years ago I think, because the guy had a heart defect that came up in the medical.

mike1901

May 12, 2017
Unsure what to make of this. Given my location I watch a lot of Bundesliga. I saw him play in a promotion play off a couple of seasons back. He was subbed second half after going missing most of the match. I remember the after match analysis describing the Stuttgart attack as 'toothless.' Not a player who's really been on my radar since or set the league alight as a prolific scorer. His stats don't look overly exciting although in fairness, he was injured for a quite a time at the start of last season. I guess we have to (hopefully) trust the judgement of the recruiting dept who've obviously watched him consistently and crunched the numbers of his various performance stats and all that malarky.

He would have been 19 then wouldn’t he ?.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
So a few different problems with hamstring injuries and 2 games missed for a 'Ruptured intraarticular ligament initiation in knee'. Hmmmm, hope this isnt another Izquierdo.

Just 5 games missed through injury in his career prior to last season though.

Hopefully we pick up the striker from Stuttgart as well!

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
Personally this signing leaves me feeling flat. Yes it’s good to sign someone with potential but it’s another player who doesn’t know the premier league and frankly is a gamble. Our success ratio on that has been hit and miss.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Personally this signing leaves me feeling flat. Yes it’s good to sign someone with potential but it’s another player who doesn’t know the premier league and frankly is a gamble. Our success ratio on that has been hit and miss.

This is not a development player. He’s a fully fledged first team regular for Argentina. Keeping some big names out.

We’re not going to buy an experienced Premier League peak player. We’ll be outbid by most teams in the league and can’t compete for wages. Welbeck is the closest we have to that and we’ll do well to keep him.

SeagullCrow

May 9, 2008
The deal is not done, a fee has been agreed, but Fiorentina also have a fee agreed, it needs personal terms and medical completed before it is done. The last time a deal fell through after being reported as agreed was 2 or 3 years ago I think, because the guy had a heart defect that came up in the medical.

We've actually had a couple of these.

Raphael Dwamena in 2017 because of a heart defect. He tried to continue playing (against medical advice) and was forced to retire last year.

There was also Renato Neto from Gent. We spotted an issue with his knee and we went on to miss the entirety of the following season with an issue there.

One thing we know for sure is that any player we sign will have a very thorough medical before any money is handed over. I seem to recall that AJ's medical ended up taking the best part of a day.

(We're also pretty good at spotting potential issues with the players we have - our cardiologists spotted an issue with Connor Goldson at a very early stage, which could have potentially saved both his life and his career).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports