Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Nicolás González

Robdinho

Jul 26, 2004
Just spotted he gets a mention in the piece I linked to in the Darwin Nunez thread.

https://totalfootballanalysis.com/d...ysis-recruiting-from-the-second-tier-strikers

It would be interesting, in so far as providing some measure of how useful this sort of analysis is, to see the same thing for previous seasons' signings. Would the statistics have predicted that the likes of Joelinton, Wesley and Locadia would flop in the premier league? Or did they look like potential gems like Nunez and Gonzalez do here?

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
It would be interesting, in so far as providing some measure of how useful this sort of analysis is, to see the same thing for previous seasons' signings. Would the statistics have predicted that the likes of Joelinton, Wesley and Locadia would flop in the premier league? Or did they look like potential gems like Nunez and Gonzalez do here?

I love this sort of stat analysis. But I admit player recruitment
is much more nuanced.

This is where a good scout really earns thier percentage of profits made off of the back of their recommendations.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Wonder if we go for this guy and Nunez?

Either way it seem with these and our link to Rhian and Eduardo the club are really going for a striker this window. Exciting to see.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Nicholas Gonzalez

Could be someone to maybe look at . Scored 15 in 29 games last season for Stuttgart. There were in the equivalent of the championship.

He is an Argentine international . But Maybe better to pay a bit more & get someone who has similar scoring or better record in the championship as it’s probably a better league than the German equivalent and the player is more likely to settle in more quickly .

Guess it all depends on the price , needs to be a lot cheaper in my opinion to be worth the extra risk .

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
He looks a winger more than a striker.

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
Will we sign him before there are 3 million posts on this thread.

SimpKingpin

See the match?
Aug 8, 2020
Worthing -> NYC
Didn't realise this lad was a left winger and left footed.

I know Andy Naylor said "no" but I wouldn't mind giving Mac Allister an Argie buddie and having a danger man on the left.

I still think Nunez is absolutely the best choice as a forward, and I'd 100% prioritise him if it's a choice.

Screenshot (203).png

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_5oh2N8dj0

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
If we are to assume that we may have bagged Gonzalez? I wonder if we are still going for Nunez as well as......

flip me, get both these two fellas in and a feel a few NSC'ers may be having a little sex wee.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here