Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Nicolás González

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Dont know too much about this guy... is he a number 9 type striker or more of an Izzy/AJ replacement?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
According to the Grauniad link posted by [MENTION=72]dwayne[/MENTION] above the deal is not yet done.....has Tottenham and Everton all over it.

mashman156

Aug 7, 2009
Southampton
This is the type of player we need to add pace to our attacks and a trick or 2 in the channel before delivering the ball in. Can also finish from outside the box and a confident penalty taker. Would obviously argue that he is not the clinical finisher 'fox in the box that we need desperately to take us to the next level. But certainly a step up in terms of quality. Would be a good start to the window.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
5ft 9inches - just the target man we need!

Just joking. If we can retain Welbeck they might be a decent double act.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Probably shitehouse, I'm gonna boooooo him just to make sure.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Andy Naylor says....

''I can confirm Brighton’s interest in Nicolás González, as per @ed_aarons, but I’m told the details of where that interest has reached are inaccurate.''

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Nice! There you go.

As if he’d fly all the way to here to play FIFA with his mate Macca. That was clearly a tour or a first meeting.

I’ll await the club press release before getting too carried away. But it is exciting to add a completely new forward option to our club. He’s a good age too. A bit more ready made than a development type player.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Spending the Bissouma money I think.

Clearly a good move to mitigate fan disappointment at Bissouma leaving by spending the money on a much needed striker.

Well done albion ( assuming this happens ).

:albion2:

Not necessarily.

I mean you could be right. But I think this is a player we’ve been linked with for a long time now.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
If true then I reckon the fee will be £20m(ish) plus add ons to take it to £25m overall.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Andy Naylor says....

''I can confirm Brighton’s interest in Nicolás González, as per @ed_aarons, but I’m told the details of where that interest has reached are inaccurate.''

but I’m told the details of where that interest has reached are inaccurate.''

What the holy jebus on a unicycle does that mean ?

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
What the holy jebus on a unicycle does that mean ?

Naylor confirms Albion interest in the player. Various sources indicate talks / interest for a few weeks (and previous windows). .
Guardian reporting that a fee is agreed between the clubs - Naylor's reporting denies that.

Presumably its not quite there yet - also he's in Brazil with Argentina for the Copa America so complex negotiations in multiple continents.

Brian Owen in the Argus is similar with the caution but nonetheless confirming interest.
https://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/19375707.brighton-sign-argentinas-nico-gonzalez/

Danny Wilson Said

May 2, 2020
Palookaville
Nice! There you go.

As if he’d fly all the way to here to play FIFA with his mate Macca. That was clearly a tour or a first meeting.

I’ll await the club press release before getting too carried away. But it is exciting to add a completely new forward option to our club. He’s a good age too. A bit more ready made than a development type player.

Doesn't mean he won't have to play ten games in the U23s before he gets a start though ...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here