Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nicola sturgeon for PM

Dec 29, 2011
She said: "What we will argue for is priority devolution of powers over business taxes, employment, the minimum wage, welfare, because these are the levers we need to grow our economy to get people into work paying taxes and lifting people out of poverty.

Whatever people think of her, she's got it right. We need to be spending more on welfare, getting people into work and paying taxes, and the increase in spending should be partly funded by increasing taxes on the big corporations, and aggressively going after those companies who dodge tax. Foreign businesses want to be in the UK because we're a population with a large disposable income, forcing them to pay their fair share of tax won't make them all suddenly leave.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
every time I see her face now it makes me laugh

she was actually convinced she'd be in coalition with labour

deluded

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
every time I see her face now it makes me laugh

she was actually convinced she'd be in coalition with labour

deluded

She kept banging on about "locking the Tories out of Downing Street" when ironically the decimation of 40 odd Labour MPs north of the border has effectively locked Labour out of Downing Street for a minimum of 10 years, if not longer. Meanwhile, Cameron can play Salmond off against Sturgeon and divide and rule. She might be the Leader but Alex suddenly finds himself with all the power. I bet she never saw that coming.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
She kept banging on about "locking the Tories out of Downing Street" when ironically the decimation of 40 odd Labour MPs north of the border has effectively locked Labour out of Downing Street for a minimum of 10 years, if not longer. Meanwhile, Cameron can play Salmond off against Sturgeon and divide and rule. She might be the Leader but Alex suddenly finds himself with all the power. I bet she never saw that coming.

Not sure Salmond has the power, he is a minority party is opposition, very much unlike their hopes. They had hoped to be the deciding vote in all things but are now behind a ramshackle party (Labour) and unlikely to be able to change much. Many scots will see that voting SNP into the UK government is pretty much pointless unless they are in with the main party. It's for the Labour party to build back support, I don't hold out much hope for them or the tories come to that. I do believe it's time for proper Scottish Labour and Scottish Conservative Parties to exist away from the UK ones.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Wouldn't happen in Germany. Oh.

snp-leader-nicola-sturgeon_276003.jpg

130922192648-angela-merkel-post-election-smile-story-top.jpg

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
This is the one think I really don't get you are far from the only person living in the north that shares this opinion so why did they win so easily are the vast majority of jocks that bitter about the English or do most really believe the SNPs stories?

Nationalist momentum, the myths they peddle are astounding. A very racist and monocultural society somehow convincing itself and creating myths that it's far more compassionate and welcoming than that horrible London, with all its er ethnic minorities and labour MPs.

It's totally based on anti english sentiment, dressing it up I a desire for a fairer society and social justice is just a very smart move and position to take, it's all based on ethno nationalism and the English (or at least the political class) are too timid or unaware to recognise that.

It's a very very parochial place.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Nationalist momentum, the myths they peddle are astounding. A very racist and monocultural society somehow convincing itself and creating myths that it's far more compassionate and welcoming than that horrible London, with all its er ethnic minorities and labour MPs.

It's totally based on anti english sentiment, dressing it up I a desire for a fairer society and social justice is just a very smart move and position to take, it's all based on ethno nationalism and the English (or at least the political class) are too timid or unaware to recognise that.

It's a very very parochial place.
Very true. I go to Scotland a lot (I've got friends and family up there) and it is the most parochial place on the planet. It makes somewhere like Texas look as internationalist as Islington. Everything but everything must have a Scottish angle.

Those of us with long memories remember that it was the SNP who in 1979 voted with the Thatcher and the Tories and overthrew the Callaghan government. Ultimately they are not 'left' or 'right' they are simply Scottish. I can't believe there are people stupid enough to believe that Labour and the SNP could have formed some sort of 'progressive' alliance that would have benefited the UK as a whole. Sturgeon waffled a bit along those lines but ultimately couldn't bring herself to say that she wants to see fairness for England as well. And fair enough, at least she was honest, she's got no interest in the English working class. Well, except as a source of income.

AlastairWatts

Nov 1, 2009
High Wycombe
and even if she did, her reported comments effectively gave the election to Cameron: no one in England is going to vote for a weak Labour government manipulated by a bunch of crazy jocks. Not too many years ago she would have been burnt at a stake: this might well be what Milliband now wishes had happened...

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Very true. I go to Scotland a lot (I've got friends and family up there) and it is the most parochial place on the planet. It makes somewhere like Texas look as internationalist as Islington. Everything but everything must have a Scottish angle.

Those of us with long memories remember that it was the SNP who in 1979 voted with the Thatcher and the Tories and overthrew the Callaghan government. Ultimately they are not 'left' or 'right' they are simply Scottish. I can't believe there are people stupid enough to believe that Labour and the SNP could have formed some sort of 'progressive' alliance that would have benefited the UK as a whole. Sturgeon waffled a bit along those lines but ultimately couldn't bring herself to say that she wants to see fairness for England as well. And fair enough, at least she was honest, she's got no interest in the English working class. Well, except as a source of income.

was at an offshore conference last week in Texas, there is a normal UK pavillion and trade delegation, but then the Jocks have their own, unrelated. Bagpipes saltires kilts and whisky everywhere. they are an utter embarassment.

To be fair I was a unionist before all this as are the silent majority. But as an Englishman now I am just sick to the back teeth of them and their look at us we are different complex. But what sticks in my craw most is being told the southern English are all mercenary uncaring free marketeers, and they genuinely believe that, positioning themselves as more compassionate and worthy, against an 'other' that most of them have had no significant dealings with.

This nationalism is far from benign. I feel sorry for the ordinary jocks, who have now effectively been cowed from any criticism of this rampant nationalism for fear of being branded traitors. its turning nasty up there. Time for them to go. Leave us to our evil society of fairness, moderation, tolerance (especially of their current idiocy) and a global society and world city as a capital.

Last edited:

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003

This nationalism is far from benign. I feel sorry for the ordinary jocks, who have now effectively been cowed from any criticism of this rampant nationalism for fear of being branded traitors. its turning nasty up there. Time for them to go. Leave us to our evil society of fairness, moderation, tolerance (especially of their current idiocy) and a global society and world city as a capital.

Indeed. I always try and spend a week or ten days on the Ardnamurchan peninsula (it's near Fort William). I love it there, hell I got married there. Sadly there has been a definite edge in atmosphere recently. As you say Unionist Scots really have to keep their mouths shut, even though they're in the majority.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I fear our government are too weak to deal with them properly, and fairly (fair to the citizens of the country our government serve)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here