Nicky Forster

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
So what is different now only a change of physio so are we to blame Malcolm Styuartn for Murrays condition, what about the doctors and the hospital scans etc. Or are you saying tha MA overruled the Physio.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Murray Returns in Friendly Win
Posted on: Wed 23 Sep 2009

By Tim Dudding

Glenn Murray got his first taste of match action since his hernia operation in a behind-closed-doors friendly with Crawley Town this afternoon.

The striker, who hasn't featured for the first team since the goalless draw at Brentford in mid-August, played 45 minutes in a 2-1 win for the Seagulls at the training ground.

Manager Russell Slade said, "Glenn came through fine. It's the first step on the ladder for him, and we'll see how his body reacts in the morning."

Kevin McLeod - who was returning after hamstring trouble - opened the scoring after being set up by Murray. Craig Davies scored Albion's second after the interval.

Colin Hawkins had his first run-out following an operation on his broken nose, while Jake Wright also got 45 minutes under his belt.

Meanwhile, young keeper Mitch Walker has broken a bone in his wrist during training and faces up to six weeks on the sidelines.

SirDouglasLoft

Jul 4, 2008
In a nothing game against low key opponents not exactly a guide as to how he would fare against League 1 opposition. Would sooner perservere with Forster and Dickenson until Murray is fit.

Hardly, we lost to them in a friendly this season, and if Murray was so good, wouldn't he have scored against such 'low key opponents'

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Hardly, we lost to them in a friendly this season, and if Murray was so good, wouldn't he have scored against such 'low key opponents'

Perhaps if he wasnt carrying an injury he might have. Murray and Fortster are the 2 most naturally gifted goal scorers on our books and when fit if his head is in gear Glen will prove it.

logan89

Jan 4, 2007
Brington
Definition of injury prone - Someone who is prone to gathering injuries (ie 7 or 8 over the course of a season).

Amount of injuries Murray has had since joining Brighton - Two.

Not hard is it? He's NOT injury prone.

He's had TWO injuries, one stomach, one groin.

I'm guessing that Murray is obviously you favourite player as i seem to have hit a nerve here.

I really don't know many players who have the ability to get 7 or 8 injuries over the season, according to you then Owen who really only gets 1/2 injuries a season, but misses extended periods of time, is not injury prone.

Murray picked up an injury and was out for pretty much the back end of last season, abeit he quite clearly wasn't fit. Then he starts this campain picking up another injury and is out for a long time again. To me this means he is prone to injuries, thus making him injury prone.

Hopefully he'll stay match fit so he can play regullarly, either for the 1sts or reserved so we can sell him in January and play/bring others in that havn't handed a transfer request in and actaully put the effort in and want to be here.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Had his injury been correctly diagnosed and treated last season, which doesnt appear to have happened, he would have been an asset to us this season especially if he was trying to impress to secure a transfer away from here. Forster Murray with Dickenson as backup would have been a formidable goalscoring trio.

SirDouglasLoft

Jul 4, 2008
Perhaps if he wasnt carrying an injury he might have. Murray and Fortster are the 2 most naturally gifted goal scorers on our books and when fit if his head is in gear Glen will prove it.

But I thought you said they were a 'low kep opposition'? and if Murray is as good as you've made out, then injury, or no injury, he would be able to score against this kind of opposition.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
But I thought you said they were a 'low kep opposition'? and if Murray is as good as you've made out, then injury, or no injury, he would be able to score against this kind of opposition.

That statement is about as absurd as it gets.

You are probably not old enough to have your balls drop let alone have a hernia so would not appreciate that such an injury makes it difficult to walk let along run after a ball.

Last edited:

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009

You are probably not old enough to have your balls drop let alone have a hernia so would not appreciate that such an injury makes it difficult to walk let along run after a ball.

The injury is healed, would he be playing if it wasn't? ???

SirDouglasLoft

Jul 4, 2008

Ooo getting touchy are we:lol:

No, I haven't had hernia, but there's no way the club would allow him to play if he couldn't walk, nor run. They wouldn't have played him, if he was still injured. That would be about as absurd as it gets.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It wasnt when we played Crawley in a pre season friendly which was what Sir Doug Loft was going on about. He played just 45 minutes today so as not to push him self and ease him back gently. The sooner he is fit and back to his best the better for us irrespective of how long it is for.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
It wasnt when we played Crawley in a pre season friendly which was what Sir Doug Loft was going on about. He played just 45 minutes today so as not to push him self and ease him back gently. The sooner he is fit and back to his best the better for us irrespective of how long it is for.
Somebodies flouncing now me thinks.:flounce:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
there's no way the club would allow him to play if he couldn't walk, nor run. They wouldn't have played him, if he was still injured. That would be about as absurd as it gets.

It is an acknowledged fact that he played against Leeds last season while not
fit enough.

It really annoys me when people big up players who arent good enough to tie his boots up let alone get picked before him. Granted he is not fit for consideration yet.

SirDouglasLoft

Jul 4, 2008
It is an acknowledged fact that he played against Leeds last season while not
fit enough.

It really annoys me when people big up players who arent good enough to tie his boots up let alone get picked before him. Granted he is not fit for consideration yet.

Yeah, but that was under a different manager!

Well with Forster our only good striker at the moment, and with Davies banging them in for the stiffs, would there be any harm in starting him? Especially as your beloved Murray is still not fully fit. Also, Davies has hardly been given a chance, played towards the end of last season, granted he missed a lot of easy chances, but now with confidence he can bang them in for us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports