Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nicky Forster retires

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
on twitter - he says it's time he gave up playing to concentrate on management

not wanted by Brentford but last I heard Cambridge Utd were interested in him. I'm sure his agent will be on here in due course to let us know his probable destination.

Personally I think he has all the traits needed to be a potentially successful football manager if he can find a chairman he can work with but that is always a bit of a lucky dip.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Surprised to hear Bees don't want Fozzy, I always thought his articles in the "Argus" whilst with Albion, displayed a reasoned and reasonable outlook to football.

Or were they ghosted?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
Missed the Cambridge appointment but I'd be surprised if there wasn't something very firm in the offing as he still had a year to go on his playing contract so would probably have done a deal at less than its full value to be allowed to go early

I'm sure the "captain's notes" were pretty much his own work (with just a few typos and spelling errors added to make it clear that it was an Argus article) - very articulate man is Nicky

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Shows the decision was spot-on to release him when we did, despite the howls of protest at the time.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Shows the decision was spot-on to release him when we did, despite the howls of protest at the time.

I was thinking the same. He wanted a deal which would have him to the end of next season. Good work Gus.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I think he'll do well, I'll watch his managerial career with interest

HG201

Proud Ruffian
Jul 16, 2008
Birmingham
Would be a shame to see him retire. Certainly think he has a bright future in management ahead of him though

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
How ironic that he made all that fuss about wanting a two year contract, tried to undermine Lord Poyet and the team and then quits at the end of the first year. And he wants to be a manager!?!? If he can't judge himself as a player, what chance has he got of judging what others have to offer! There must be a couple of county league team knocking around that need a manager if hes that keen!

Sums the bloke up really.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
In fairness Mr B he was in a no-win situation at Brentford for both him and the club having been manager and then being expected to play under a new guy.
Does nothing for his self-respect and risks undermining whoever comes in and knows that if it's not working then Foster is there and ready to step up again.
Their Board are right to let him go especially as he is somewhat opinonated and (from our experience) likely to cause a fair bit of unrest if he's not happy.
If he gets a manager's job at league 2 or blue square level as I fully expect he will, he will come out a winner

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
How ironic that he made all that fuss about wanting a two year contract, tried to undermine Lord Poyet and the team and then quits at the end of the first year. And he wants to be a manager!?!? If he can't judge himself as a player, what chance has he got of judging what others have to offer! There must be a couple of county league team knocking around that need a manager if hes that keen!

Sums the bloke up really.

The club knew full well his knee was f***ed, so were absolutely right not to hand him another contract. He somehow weaseled one out of Brentford and played about three hours for them last season, if that. Don't think the medical staff at Griffin Park are up to much.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
The club knew full well his knee was f***ed, so were absolutely right not to hand him another contract. He somehow weaseled one out of Brentford and played about three hours for them last season, if that. Don't think the medical staff at Griffin Park are up to much.

this also is true

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I do find it strange that Dazza Lewis appeared from nowhere then claimed Leon emailed him by mistake and Mr Lewis then decided to take up work as a football agent with Leon being one of his first clients. I believe Mr Lewis claimed that he is also the agent for Nicky Forster, but that strikes me as odd, seeing as he has only been in the business for five minutes and Forster has been around for nearly two decades.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I do find it strange that Dazza Lewis appeared from nowhere then claimed Leon emailed him by mistake and Mr Lewis then decided to take up work as a football agent with Leon being one of his first clients. I believe Mr Lewis claimed that he is also the agent for Nicky Forster, but that strikes me as odd, seeing as he has only been in the business for five minutes and Forster has been around for nearly two decades.

Could NF haver not changed agents. Didnt I read somewhere that Elliott Bennett has changed his agent since the January Norwich fiasco.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Went down a You Tube rabbit hole tonight and found myself watching a WAB video of all his goals for Brighton. Some really cracking finishes!

I love looking back at clips of players you sometimes forget how important they were to us at the time.

Edit - oh and RIP BG 🙌

Comrade Sam

Comrade Sam
Jan 31, 2013
Walthamstow
Went down a You Tube rabbit hole tonight and found myself watching a WAB video of all his goals for Brighton. Some really cracking finishes!

I love looking back at clips of players you sometimes forget how important they were to us at the time.

Edit - oh and RIP BG 🙌
This includes my 15 year old daughter's first game away to Southend under Mickey Adams and first home game, Stockport on the last day of the season - Thanks!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here