Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nick Names

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
When I was a young lad in the 1960’s my granddad used to come back from the pub and my mum often asked if he had given any money to Spastic Bob. It was only later that I discovered that Bob didn’t have any disability at all, he just collected the money for the Spastics Society Football Pontoon each week.

:lolol:
That is funny!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
My team were training in the park one summer, and a lad came and asked if he could join in. He never actually introduced himself, but he was wearing an AC Milan top with 'Weah' on the back, so we called him Georgie. For the next 12 years.

I swear, that (because I had to fill out the team sheets) I was the only one who ever actually knew his real name.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
We had two supervisors at Leamington Spa when I worked at the station:

One was called the Olympic Flame as he never went out of the office and the other was Stocking Tops as he was the nearest thing a ladies you know what

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
When I was a young lad in the 1960’s my granddad used to come back from the pub and my mum often asked if he had given any money to Spastic Bob. It was only later that I discovered that Bob didn’t have any disability at all, he just collected the money for the Spastics Society Football Pontoon each week.

Just spat my tea out. Very funny.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
We had two Daves at a place I worked so the young one got called Rodney, (Only Fools and Horses in reverse) older Dave left but young one was still known as Rodney so when a real Rodney joined he had to be called Dave, which he was already fairly used to on account of Only Fools and Horses.
My favourite nicknames in sport are Fitz Hall's "One size" and Martin Offiah's "Chariots".

Brian Parsons

May 16, 2013
Bicester, Oxfordshire.
In the metalworking industry the thickness of a sheet is called guage The lower the number the thicker the sheet. I used to work with someone whose nick name was 10 Guage " Thick and hard to work with" also a bloke who rarely bathed or washed was called "nitrogen bottle" black neck grey body.

Adders1

Jan 14, 2013
I remember working in the council parking ticket office as a temp many years ago, and there was one traffiic warden everyone called 'Dirty Harry' as he would often go out of his jurisdiction to get results, sometimes even working on Christmas day to get the job done. He also had no friends.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I've always wondered what the ex Crewe footballer Kenny Lunt's nickname was amongst his team mates.

(Though being footballers, they probably just called him "Lunty")

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
I've always wondered what the ex Crewe footballer Kenny Lunt's nickname was amongst his team mates.

I used to know one of your lot who was known as "Arnold" after "Arnold Lane...had a strange hobby" after an unfortunate discovery of women's knickers in his locker at the nick.

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012

That explains something I overheard in a pub in Warrington a few years back. Two ladies were discussing a catfight they had witnessed the previous evening and I swear I heard one say "oh aye, an' then she hoofed er right in the Kenny" . Mystery solved. Thanks Edna.

Jimmy Grimble

My team were training in the park one summer, and a lad came and asked if he could join in. He never actually introduced himself, but he was wearing an AC Milan top with 'Weah' on the back, so we called him Georgie. For the next 12 years.

I swear, that (because I had to fill out the team sheets) I was the only one who ever actually knew his real name.

A very similar thing happened when I was at school whereby a chap became known as George.

It started with 'George' playing football with a group of us after school one day. In the group of us there was a mix of year 10's and 9's who lived in the same area so we all knew each other fairly well. 'George' himself was in year 9 but none of our year 9's knew him due to the fact he was in the opposite half of the school and was a very quiet lad. Anyway, 'George' never introduced himself he just asked to join in one day and that was that. I don't know why, but someone decided to call him George when asking for a pass and from then on it just stuck, as everyone assumed that because one of us had called him George that was his name. 'George' never corrected anyone, and it wasn't until we started acknowledging him around school as George that we clocked on. Not because 'George' didn't respond to us calling him George, but because his mates would snigger at him whenever we said it.

Sooner or later it transpired his name was actually Jamie. But instead of returning him with his real name, from then on we referred to him as Tits, because he was a fat little ****er with hefty man boobs that juggled like a dogs sack does when it hares around the park for a bunk up.

I think he preferred George.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
A very similar thing happened when I was at school whereby a chap became known as George.

It started with 'George' playing football with a group of us after school one day. In the group of us there was a mix of year 10's and 9's who lived in the same area so we all knew each other fairly well. 'George' himself was in year 9 but none of our year 9's knew him due to the fact he was in the opposite half of the school and was a very quiet lad. Anyway, 'George' never introduced himself he just asked to join in one day and that was that. I don't know why, but someone decided to call him George when asking for a pass and from then on it just stuck, as everyone assumed that because one of us had called him George that was his name. 'George' never corrected anyone, and it wasn't until we started acknowledging him around school as George that we clocked on. Not because 'George' didn't respond to us calling him George, but because his mates would snigger at him whenever we said it.

Sooner or later it transpired his name was actually Jamie. But instead of returning him with his real name, from then on we referred to him as Tits, because he was a fat little ****er with hefty man boobs that juggled like a dogs sack does when it hares around the park for a bunk up.

I think he preferred George.

Poor **** is probably scarred for life.

When I started uni I was introduced to a friends mate in another halls as "BJ". His name was James and on the first day after moving into halls he was called "Big James" by someone on account of him being tall. He was only called this nickname by our group of mates, and eventually the nickname evolved into him being called "Beej" by all of us which we still do.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here