Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Nicholas Parsons RIP

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
I was stopped at the lights at the bottom of Preston Drove a couple of years ago. It was 6.45pm, I was by myself, and I was laughing out loud. Feeling silly I glanced at the car alongside me. The other driver was doing the same. That's NP for you.

"First we meet the lady who liked Nicholas Parsons. And then we meet the parson who liked Knickerless Ladies." I can never remember who came up with that.

The Two Ronnies.

“In a packed programme tonight, I shall be meeting a lady who likes Nicholas Parsons.”

“And I’ll be meeting a parson who likes knickerless ladies.”

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
He was alright. I bet he loved being in that comic strip episode. That was superb.

305336600_976664f8ff_z.jpg

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
The ultimate professional broadcaster. The words icon and legend are bandied about, but he was, with a capital W. A very entertaining part of my 66 years in more ways Than I care to remember. He was wonderful on just a minute, from Peter Jones, Clement Freud and Kenneth Williams to Paul Merson, he more than held his own.... and in an enormously charming way.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
Really sad news.

I was at the Assembly Rooms in Worthing last Friday for a recording of that other great Monday night Radio 4 prog "I'm Sorry I haven't a Clue" and Jack Dee was doing his regular impersonation of Nicholas on "Just a MInute" that was hilarious as ever. So sad that just a few days later NIcholas has gone. A real trooper and a very funny guy. He was on the Antiques Road Trip a few years ago and it's worth a watch. A lovely and interesting fella for sure.

RIP Nicholas

I was there too and share your sentiments. RIP.

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
Agree with all of that but I can imagine Paul Merton taking over the host spot as he has kind of made it his own as well although it really needed the gentle wit against Merton's more exuberant style.

Whilst I enjoy Morton in JAM, the idea of him taking over the hosting role fills me with dread. It wouldn’t work - IMHO obviously.

Jul 7, 2003
Really sad news.

I was at the Assembly Rooms in Worthing last Friday for a recording of that other great Monday night Radio 4 prog "I'm Sorry I haven't a Clue" and Jack Dee was doing his regular impersonation of Nicholas on "Just a MInute" that was hilarious as ever. So sad that just a few days later NIcholas has gone. A real trooper and a very funny guy. He was on the Antiques Road Trip a few years ago and it's worth a watch. A lovely and interesting fella for sure.

RIP Nicholas

Hoping they will do a tribute at the show tonight and put it online (you know it wasn't a recording on Friday but a stage version of the show). Lionel Blair had better keep going for a while or they will have lost half a show.

NP was probably one of the few people who deserved national treasure status. Such a wide and varied career but also someone who seemed to be a genuinely nice bloke - RIP

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
A sad day but a terrific innings nonetheless. Loved Just A Minute. He came across as a genuinely nice guy too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here