Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Nice to see the team bonding during the winter break

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Some of the outrage on this thread. :lolol:

Go to most music festivals and walking through the campsite and all you can hear is the canisters being opened. They’ve became massively popular over the last 10 years because 1) They’re cheap 2) they don’t leave a lasting effect 3) you won’t get in shit if you’re caught with them. I would much, much rather our players caught doing this than any of the other typical footballer scandals.

In fact there’s at least two local ‘companies’ that will deliver you canisters pretty much 24/7 if you need to whip up some cakes at 1am on a Friday. So I doubt this is the first time they’ve done them.

They were popular when I was at uni in the early 2000s.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
When the club are squeezing every single penny out of us to, amongst other things, provide for every whim, care and comfort of a footballer as it’s these fine margins which apparently make the difference, I think we are allowed to feel a bit let down by the constant party behavior of certain players. It’s a shame they don’t have the same attitude to the fine margins the club have mentioned.

I feel let down, especially after the last game.

‘Constant party attitude’ they are young men who earn a lot of money, are you that naive that you think this kind of thing doesn’t happen at every club? Just because we are having a crap season, people expect the players to be at home 24/7 during this break, probably examining every match this season on video to identify why we are where we are.

Maybe the mental break will do them good, how anyone can feel let down by a few of our players having a laugh with some helium during a 2 week mid-season break I simply cannot fathom, each to their own I guess. :mad:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
‘Constant party attitude’ they are young men who earn a lot of money, are you that naive that you think this kind of thing doesn’t happen at every club? Just because we are having a crap season, people expect the players to be at home 24/7 during this break, probably examining every match this season on video to identify why we are where we are.

Maybe the mental break will do them good, how anyone can feel let down by a few of our players having a laugh with some helium during a 2 week mid-season break I simply cannot fathom, each to their own I guess. :mad:

If I had been earning 20k plus in my early to mid twenties I would have been an even bigger dickhead when I wasn’t working than I actually was. Find it really hard to criticise young people with money having a good time in their down time. This is down time, yes?

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent

Oh for goodness sake. They’re not doing any harm. They’re young lads out having fun, being silly. They’re not breaking the law or hurting anyone.

Some here here must have lived incredibly sheltered lives, that clip of them is incredibly tame, just sitting around a table. You get far worse behaviour in any pub anywhere any night in Brighton.

I’ve never been one for thinking that footballers or for that matter any sportsperson or entertainers should be role models. Most (no, not all) are just average intelligence individuals, who just happen to be good at something. To then expect them to be erudite and charming is probably unfair.

However, these are hardly “young lads”. Stephens is 30, Duffy and Gross 28. I think their behaviour shows a distinct lack of respect for the manager, who has let them off the leash and the club and fans, who pay their wages.

While possibly not illegal, anyone with a modicum of intelligence, would have shied away from doing this, particularly in the age of the mobile phone and social media.

We made much of the Crystal Palace nazi incident, yet can see no wrong in what our players have done. If no-one had taken a picture of the Palace keeper or published it would his actions have been right. No of course not, so don’t blame whoever took the footage here, blame the idiots in the footage.

And as for they won’t get disciplined because we are in a relegation fight, who the duck do you think we are, Derby County?

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
Stupid childish idiots...it just goes to show that footballers are twats. I know it probably is the same elsewhere but these were silly enough to get caught and they have brought the club into disrepute. I say, cut short the trip , bring them somewhere for cold weather training and make ‘em work hard to get fit and ready for Sheffield.
They owe that to the fans, and TB, .......

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Disciplined for inhaling a few mouthfuls helium. :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

What has happened to society honestly? Are we really offended by absolutely anything and everything anyone does?

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
Having just seen the footage, it is hardly doing coke of a hookers tits. Looks like they are at a shit club and bored as ****.

Has Duffy got a 40 a day balloon habit now?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

No, I’m not naive. But the past few weeks, every weekend, I’ve seen photos of pissed up players, downing drinks in one, and now doing helium balloons. I think I’d prefer it if they just kept their heads down a bit when things are not going to well on the pitch; it doesn’t look good and above all shows a distinct lack of respect to those who fund this lifestyle.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
On reflection, the Albion have been quite lucky here in one respect.

It's a very, very minor incident, and should mean that any plans to steal taxis etc. will now have to be ditched.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
No, I’m not naive. But the past few weeks, every weekend, I’ve seen photos of pissed up players, downing drinks in one, and now doing helium balloons. I think I’d prefer it if they just kept their heads down a bit when things are not going to well on the pitch; it doesn’t look good and above all shows a distinct lack of respect to those who fund this lifestyle.

TV companies? :whistle:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Forgive my ignorance on these matters but has anyone actually done anything illegal here?

If yes then they're bell ends and hopefully will get the book thrown at them. If not then who the **** cares?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here