Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Nice to see the team bonding during the winter break

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Nitrus oxide

Thank you. Learnt something tonight as just googled it - am I right in suspecting that’s what those little aluminium bottles littering car parks are then? I had wondered what they were, it’s people getting a “sense of euphoria” (to quote website) by inhaling laughing gas? Blimey, whatever happened to doing a good old jigsaw instead. Maybe that should be the punishment!

Players obviously made a mistake. Should get a bollocking behind closed doors. And that should be the end of it.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I don't mind them having a beer on their winter break, come on now. :shrug: Fine them a weeks wages for having a drink??

Drinks are fine. Nitrous Oxide is just idiotic

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Am I the only one who doesn't think this is much of a big deal?

If it was anyone else in another profession no one would really care, I mean it’s not like half the cabinet of the government of the entire country have all done far more illegal drugs...

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Drinks are fine. Nitrous Oxide is just idiotic

Why?

“Hippy crack” is less dangerous than alcohol, and “hysteria” led to the Government ban, a former drugs adviser to the Home Office has said.

Prof David Nutt, Head of the Centre for Neuropsychopharmacology at Imperial College London, said the illegal substance nitrous oxide – also known as “laughing gas” – was far less toxic or addictive than wine or beer.

Calling for regulated access to drugs, he said partygoers would be better off taking nitrous oxide – the supply of which was banned in 2016 – than turning to alcohol.

Suggesting the ban was caused by “hysteria” over the drug, dubbed “hippy crack,” he said the substance was “fun without the risks of alcohol”.

“The effect is over in a few minutes. You're perfectly safe, you can go back home, you can drive, you are much more in control of it. you don’t have a hangover,” he said.

A number of high-profile footballers have been caught inhaling the substance.

Prof Nutt said it was a “logical alternative to alcohol” for those trying to avoid impaired performance on the field.

“That’s why footballers use it – they go to a party, have a bit of fun and they are not going to be impaired the next day.

They get this intoxicated on alcohol and won't be able to play properly for a couple of days,” he said, describing it as “less addictive and less toxic” than alcohol.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/20...-dangerous-alcohol-former-government-adviser/

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Wouldn’t have happened in Dubai [emoji849]

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
When Don Revie used to manage England he used to organise bingo nights for the players. What’s going on here ?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Why?

“Hippy crack” is less dangerous than alcohol, and “hysteria” led to the Government ban, a former drugs adviser to the Home Office has said.

Prof David Nutt, Head of the Centre for Neuropsychopharmacology at Imperial College London, said the illegal substance nitrous oxide – also known as “laughing gas” – was far less toxic or addictive than wine or beer.

Calling for regulated access to drugs, he said partygoers would be better off taking nitrous oxide – the supply of which was banned in 2016 – than turning to alcohol.

Suggesting the ban was caused by “hysteria” over the drug, dubbed “hippy crack,” he said the substance was “fun without the risks of alcohol”.

“The effect is over in a few minutes. You're perfectly safe, you can go back home, you can drive, you are much more in control of it. you don’t have a hangover,” he said.

A number of high-profile footballers have been caught inhaling the substance.

Prof Nutt said it was a “logical alternative to alcohol” for those trying to avoid impaired performance on the field.

“That’s why footballers use it – they go to a party, have a bit of fun and they are not going to be impaired the next day.

They get this intoxicated on alcohol and won't be able to play properly for a couple of days,” he said, describing it as “less addictive and less toxic” than alcohol.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/20...-dangerous-alcohol-former-government-adviser/

Yea, great. But as professional athletes looking at what happened to Sterling, Arsenal players, Wilshere etc it is idiotic to do it. Do you think Tony Bloom or Potter will be impressed ?

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
What good can come of these trips? Why do they need to go away as a group? Why not just tell them to go back to their families and spend a few days with them? In the days of social media there's a huge risk of the clubs name being dragged through the gutter press. I don't doubt they had the full lecture about their responsibilities towards the brand of the club and completely ignored it, as did the ones from West Brom a couple of years ago.

I really despair of footballer sometimes

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Should never have gone to Tenerife who's idiotic idea was that ....

Nitrous oxide is as weak as f. Lame 12 year old high but the press will lap this up. There was a massive fuss when sterling got caught doing it.

But the public knew who he was and with the greatest respect to our lot, Er, not quite the same league.

Players made a mistake but it’s absolutely NOT performance enhancing drugs, illegal class a,b or c. Just poor judgement. And yes, I do feel a tad sorry for them because they’re blokes, young and yet expected to live like nuns. It’s a quick bollocking, reminder there’s cameras everywhere and get out of my office max. IMO.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Yea, great. But as professional athletes looking at what happened to Sterling, Arsenal players, Wilshere etc it is idiotic to do it. Do you think Tony Bloom or Potter will be impressed ?

Well, what has happened to them? Raheem Sterling is now considered one of the best footballers in the world, Aubameyang is one of the top scorers in the premier league.

What has this horrendous legal drug done to them?

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away

They won't be impressed, but what can they do? They can't drop the lot and the players know it, we're in the middle of a relegation fight.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here