Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Nice to see the team bonding during the winter break

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Article :

“A source close to one of the Brighton players involved in a controversial video that is being investigated by the club has denied that the players were inhaling nitrous oxide, saying they would never be “crazy enough” to do that and insisting they were “blowing up balloons as part of a joke”.

The video, which was posted on social media, shows Alireza Jahanbakhsh, Leandro Trossard, Pascal Gross and Shane Duffy blowing into balloons as they sat in a bar while on an official club trip to Tenerife. Brighton have launched an internal investigation into the matter.

The club, who are 15th in the Premier League and have one win in 11 games, were due to head to Dubai for the winter break but that was abandoned for security reasons. They rearranged a return to Tenerife, where they spent pre-season in 2016-17, and it was there that the players were filmed with the balloons.

They are known to be used recreationally for inhaling nitrous oxide, also known as laughing gas.

A source close to one of the players told The Athletic: “They were joking to each other. It’s unbelievable that it’s taken seriously. They were just blowing the balloons to make a joke together. Someone is just sitting there making the video.

“Do you think the players are crazy enough to do something like that? They would never do something like that. The person asked them if he was allowed to sit there. They can say no, everybody was there. They are very respectful people, professionals.

“He filmed everything, the girls, the shisha (pipe). You can see on the table of the players they drink soda. I don’t take it seriously.”

The video was posted on Twitter by an account called @zahagoat, which appears to be run by a supporter of Brighton’s arch-rivals Crystal Palace. A caption above the video says: “Some of the Brighton players are having a good winter break it seems looool”.

A Brighton spokesperson said: “The club is aware of the video circulating on social media. This matter is being dealt with internally.””

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
It was always going to be a major sporting news story. I am amazed so many people on there thought it was no issue. I cannot recall 4 premier league players being outed at once like this

You say that, but only the Daily Star directly reported on the Twitter video - and no-one cares about the Star.

Looked like it was going to blow over. But Argus reported it, and it looks like the Beeb picked it up from there.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Article :

“A source close to one of the Brighton players involved in a controversial video that is being investigated by the club has denied that the players were inhaling nitrous oxide, saying they would never be “crazy enough” to do that and insisting they were “blowing up balloons as part of a joke”.

The video, which was posted on social media, shows Alireza Jahanbakhsh, Leandro Trossard, Pascal Gross and Shane Duffy blowing into balloons as they sat in a bar while on an official club trip to Tenerife. Brighton have launched an internal investigation into the matter.

The club, who are 15th in the Premier League and have one win in 11 games, were due to head to Dubai for the winter break but that was abandoned for security reasons. They rearranged a return to Tenerife, where they spent pre-season in 2016-17, and it was there that the players were filmed with the balloons.

They are known to be used recreationally for inhaling nitrous oxide, also known as laughing gas.

A source close to one of the players told The Athletic: “They were joking to each other. It’s unbelievable that it’s taken seriously. They were just blowing the balloons to make a joke together. Someone is just sitting there making the video.

“Do you think the players are crazy enough to do something like that? They would never do something like that. The person asked them if he was allowed to sit there. They can say no, everybody was there. They are very respectful people, professionals.

“He filmed everything, the girls, the shisha (pipe). You can see on the table of the players they drink soda. I don’t take it seriously.”

The video was posted on Twitter by an account called @zahagoat, which appears to be run by a supporter of Brighton’s arch-rivals Crystal Palace. A caption above the video says: “Some of the Brighton players are having a good winter break it seems looool”.

A Brighton spokesperson said: “The club is aware of the video circulating on social media. This matter is being dealt with internally.””
Having watched the actual video again just now without a pre-judgemental eye, they could indeed just be blowing up the balloons.

No court would convict them, anyway.

So.... I suspect that'll be the end of it, and it'll be believe what you will.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Having watched the actual video again just now without a pre-judgemental eye, they could indeed just be blowing up the balloons.

No court would convict them, anyway.

So.... I suspect that'll be the end of it, and it'll be believe what you will.

Good.

Brighton Players 1 - 0 Palace ***t with a phone

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Good.

Brighton Players 1 - 0 Palace ***t with a phone

Not quite.

It was originally posted by an Albion fan. He deleted it, but not for some time. During that time, a fair few people would have taken a copy of it including, I assume, the Palace fan in question.

ukpolska

Dec 30, 2017
Warsaw, Poland
Blowing up balloons, not inhaling. FFS some on here will have the players hung, drawn and quartered for something they have not done.

Although I think it much about nothing, in the video you can clearly see the dark-haired girl filling the balloon from a gas tank, but as I said so the f%&k what...

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Pascal is blowing isn't he?
Yes, it looks like it.

They could well be setting another player up ( who isn't there at the time ) to think the filled balloons are something that they are not.

As I said, no court would convict them on the video.

Last edited:

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I guess there could be nothing in the balloons but air. Anyway nothing can be proved. Case closed. Move on

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here