Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nice comments on the Amex from Wolves fans

phazza

Aug 17, 2012
It was beyond a joke. I thought they would miss KO but it didn't seem so inside. The West Coastway is worse though. We arrived late cause the first train was too full to enter and a queue on Shoreham station.

West Coastway back was great.

we were all warned by the club that transport would be extra busy because of some event in brighton!!

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I suspect a lot of people missed kick-off.

We arrived a a good ten minutes late yesterday as we had something we had to do in the morning, which we knew would make us so, but I was gobsmacked at how busy it was outside. So many people still arriving. Is this normal or was yesterday a one off?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
We arrived a a good ten minutes late yesterday as we had something we had to do in the morning, which we knew would make us so, but I was gobsmacked at how busy it was outside. So many people still arriving. Is this normal or was yesterday a one off?

Added to that, we were walking past the South Stand when Lua Lua scored, and based on the noise we assumed that Wolves had scored as it was not very loud. Just shows how the accoustics stay in the stadium.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Seems a bit weird listening to complaints about the number of people queuing for trains...from people who were presumably queuing for trains?

It was made quite obvious by the Albion that yesterday was going to be busy, seeing as it was a record crowd & the city also had other stuff going on.

If you turn up at the same time as everyone else then you're part of the problem, no? I say that as someone who was in the queues.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

We normally get to the station around an hour before kick-off and have plenty of time for a pint on the concourse before the game. Yesterday was exceptional from my experience.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Seems a bit weird listening to complaints about the number of people queuing for trains...from people who were presumably queuing for trains?

It was made quite obvious by the Albion that yesterday was going to be busy, seeing as it was a record crowd & the city also had other stuff going on.

If you turn up at the same time as everyone else then you're part of the problem, no? I say that as someone who was in the queues.

Yeah, whatever.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Yeah, whatever.

Should have left your pub earlier, innit :drink:

Anyway. It wouldn't have been so bad apart from there was a couple of really pissed blokes who thought it would be funny to keep shouting "Dave" at strangers in the queue. What a nightmare.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
With all these, nice comments on the Amex from Wolves fans, being proudly recognised by us, it does beg the question:-

How protective are you, over The AMEX?

In an ideal world, next Monday our friends from the north, will be angry enough to smash the place up.
Will that cause our fans to make a bad situation worse, or just leave it to the stewards and considerable amount of police.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Added to that, we were walking past the South Stand when Lua Lua scored, and based on the noise we assumed that Wolves had scored as it was not very loud. Just shows how the accoustics stay in the stadium.

Which is fantastic as it doesn't piss off the locals too much BUT since all the works been done I've hardly heard the away end from the North stand this season , Wolves must have been in great voice as they made themselves heard at times but other teams haven't.

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
there was at least a full train load that missed kick off, including 150 or so Wolves fans, when i joined the queue it was almost at the station gates. Upon nearing the front of the queue someone kicked down the barriers and a large number of Albion fans at the back of the queue charged down the platform and literally filled the trai up, meaning those at the front had to wait for the next one which was late anyway.

An absolute joke. I too was at the front of that seemingly endless queue and thanks to the useless old bill doing diddly **** all about the fans who stormed the train after knocking the barriers down I missed kick off and the first goal. Got to the station just after 12 so really shouldn't have had to worry

worthingseagull123

May 5, 2012
With all these, nice comments on the Amex from Wolves fans, being proudly recognised by us, it does beg the question:-

How protective are you, over The AMEX?

In an ideal world, next Monday our friends from the north, will be angry enough to smash the place up.
Will that cause our fans to make a bad situation worse, or just leave it to the stewards and considerable amount of police.

I am sure most fans are protective of their own grounds.

And maybe consider their own stadiums the best in the Division.

After all if I supported Everton, I'd prefer Goodison over Arsenals new ground. I would take character over size. And although our ground is new, it has character.

This probably makes no sense. Long day.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
I am sure most fans are protective of their own grounds.

And maybe consider their own stadiums the best in the Division.

After all if I supported Everton, I'd prefer Goodison over Arsenals new ground. I would take character over size. And although our ground is new, it has character.

This probably makes no sense. Long day.

Spot on , makes perfect sense to me (but I'm tired too to be honest)

el punal

It was beyond a joke. I thought they would miss KO but it didn't seem so inside. The West Coastway is worse though. We arrived late cause the first train was too full to enter and a queue on Shoreham station.

West Coastway back was great.

That was probably the train from Southampton (09.33), pretty much rammed by the time we got to Chichester. Never seen so many Albion fans get on before Chi. Great to see.

By the way the driver/conductor/guard apologised for the lack of carriages and said they would have more on the return journey. It begs the question - surely Southern knew that there was a match on attracting 30,000 people (86% using public transport), May bank holiday weekend, the Childrens Festival etc.,so why not provide extra capacity on their trains to cope?

Pooroldwoogie

Dec 2, 2012
It was the start of the Brighton festival today - children's parade - we were all warned ! I got bus at 11.30 in the ground by twelve if you missed the start you only have yourself to blame . And if you did make it for kick off the goals were not near half time so you had a good chance of seeing them . Over the last two seasons I have realised its better to get there earlier because they sell beer there :albion2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here