Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nice chaps the Russian police...

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I'm glad you've ended because I don't know where to start.

Why do people turn up to protest with their faces covered?

Why was there no violence at the protests we went on to save our club?

Why was there no police brutality at the countryside march, one of the largest protests in living memory, nearly half a million people?

Why do people at supposedly peaceful protests charge at police, why do they damage property? Is that peaceful?

Dec 31, 2012
In the Gym
I'm glad you've ended because I don't know where to start.

Why do people turn up to protest with their faces covered?

People can be anonymous If they choose.

Why was there no violence at the protests we went on to save our club?

That was years ago. Things change

Why was there no police brutality at the countryside march, one of the largest protests in living memory, nearly half a million people?

How much of that was shown by the media?

Why do people at supposedly peaceful protests charge at police, why do they damage property? Is that peaceful?

The police antagonise and goad people who in one way or another to get reactions. People have their limits.

Now I'm finished.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Nasty. I read the open letter one of them wrote from prison and the conditions were gobsmackingly horrific. I have nothing but admiration for anyone who goes through that and then risks it again by protesting again against these bullies. However, they were only released as a gesture before the Olympics. It's my bet within a fortnight of the Olympics ending Pussy Riot will be rounded up and thrown into the deepest, darkest Gulag Russia has to offer, never to be seen of again. If I were them I would go to ground before the Olympics end for their own sake.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Now I'm finished.

Gosh, you are sad about something, and I'm sorry for your experiences. Why is it the people who cover their faces are the ones throwing rocks and damaging property? Is it because being anonymous allows them to break the law without facing the consequences of your actions, or is smashing up other peoples property acceptable when you're on 'a protest' ? The countryside march had masses of media coverage and no police brutality. The Albion fans protests were peaceful, because nobody on them wanted to get into conflict, oh, and we won. Your fear of the police is not a fear I share, I've had none of the terrible experiences you obviously have, I'll try to keep it that way.

krakatoa

Jan 21, 2010
HOVE
And I would like to end on the this. If you check youtube there are plenty of British police brutality video's. That's not me fishing or trolling. That's a fact

Some of our police have behaved badly at times - Hillsborough, Steven Lawrence case, plebgate etc but if you think they are even a tenth as bad as the Russian police, then you've got to be kidding.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here