Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nice chaps the Russian police...

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
ANYTHING!

I was wondering if anyone would bite on that particular piece of nonsense.

Are you running 2 accounts? Pogue Mahone responds to a comment on a message posted by Midget Gem ???

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Are you running 2 accounts? Pogue Mahone responds to a comment on a message posted by Midget Gem ???

God, no.

I thought that Midget Gem's comment was nonsense, and nearly called him up on it, but decided not to bother. You, however, did respond. I was sort of agreeing with the gist of your response.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
God, no.

I thought that Midget Gem's comment was nonsense, and nearly called him up on it, but decided not to bother. You, however, did respond. I was sort of agreeing with the gist of your response.

Ah, I see, no offence intended

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Interesting in that article where it says... 'They cannot carry any weapons' and ' Like the police community support officers (PCSOs) in the UK, all they can do is reason with offenders in an attempt to persuade them to stop their illegal activities and call the police should further action be needed'

Seems like they forgot they can't carry round horsewhips...

I picked up on that too. Some people are just bullies. Give them a uniform etc. etc.

SouthCoastOwl

May 23, 2013
Vaux Sur Seine
and for some time now
you ask anyone who was at the live export demo's at Shoreham .....they bought in the MET to do the dirty work and the treatment of the women there was despicable

It's always been like that, how do you think we felt during the miners' strike when busloads of police from the south of England appeared to wage Margaret's war on the striking workers? People were living hand to mouth, digging coal out of railway embankments to earn a crust and surviving on charity only to be faced by a bunch of hired thugs in uniforms (many without their PC numbers on their epilates) bragging about how many speedboats they were going to buy with the overtime they were earning.

This having been said at least we have some chance of calling our police to account, albeit over the long term and with one hell of a fight, I suspect they'll never have the same joy in Russia.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Interesting in that article where it says... 'They cannot carry any weapons' and ' Like the police community support officers (PCSOs) in the UK, all they can do is reason with offenders in an attempt to persuade them to stop their illegal activities and call the police should further action be needed'

Seems like they forgot they can't carry round horsewhips...

No no no. That's not a horsewhip. It's a PERSUASION TOOL.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
It's always been like that, how do you think we felt during the miners' strike when busloads of police from the south of England appeared to wage Margaret's war on the striking workers? People were living hand to mouth, digging coal out of railway embankments to earn a crust and surviving on charity only to be faced by a bunch of hired thugs in uniforms (many without their PC numbers on their epilates) bragging about how many speedboats they were going to buy with the overtime they were earning.

I imagine you felt the full force of the law and common sense cracking a truncheon on your head,then much much later the realisation you had been duped into a strike by a ginger nutter.......something like that anyway.

The speedboats thing is a lie anyway.My mate was a copper up there and he bought a lovely MG and a hefty deposit on a flat.....speedboats were never mentioned.

ill get my coat

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
and for some time now
you ask anyone who was at the live export demo's at Shoreham .....they bought in the MET to do the dirty work and the treatment of the women there was despicable

:lol:

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
I would support Pussy Riot whatever the weather. Most of their members are ****ing hot.
:)

Not entirely sure the feeling would be mutual,do they not bat for the other side?
Or have i been just been searching for "pussy riot" on questionable websites...???

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I expect the Ukrainians to be getting the same treatment a couple of days after Sochi finishes.

SouthCoastOwl

May 23, 2013
Vaux Sur Seine
I imagine you felt the full force of the law and common sense cracking a truncheon on your head,then much much later the realisation you had been duped into a strike by a ginger nutter.......something like that anyway.

I'm sorry I have to insist on historical accuarcy he was a ginger nutter with a comb over, the comb over is very important in the context of the dispute, we would very have followed a baldy down the route he took us!

Dec 31, 2012
In the Gym
No it isn't.

You can't compare a country where your political beliefs could get you killed to the UK.

What next DPRK is a nice friendly, welcoming country to Christians?

Sorry to jump In here but you say Christians like It's a race. Do you believe In God. Do you go to church (Midnight mass don't count) That's what a Christian is. From what i understand Brighton Is the most unreligous places in the country. You point Is invalid. If anything I bet you're as Christian as a Hindu.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here