Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nice bunch our mates up the road.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Tin pot is the only way to describe that complete farce of a club. They really are the complete opposite of Tony Bloom - a man who knows how to run a club with professionalism and dignity and who's family are steeped in Albion history. We are so very lucky.

This...

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
It is posts like this that really f*cking annoy me, especially when posted by Brighton fans.
We ended up playing in that ground because we pay our debts and had money go into a black hole because of you know who.
They on the other hand have robbed tax payers, employees, local business, banks and money lenders twice in just over a decade to stay where they are, we on the other hand nearly went out of the league and business, to spend the same amount of time clawing our way back.
I have no respect for that shit club at all.

I can see you are annoyed. Perhaps you shouldn't get too wound up over what other clubs get up to and concentrate on supporting your own team, Mr Superfan?

Um... what's this?

A bet he made on here about Freedman not going to a club outside the Premiership, offered odds of 20 to 1 and was taken up on it by someone who offered any winnings to REMF and his stake to Geoff Thomas Foundation if he lost if I remember correctly.

He of course never paid as his logic was it was never accepted by PM and never got his £10 stake, never came back as Seaside but has been outed as [MENTION=20004]Glenn-Murray[/MENTION] by mods.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
A bet he made on here about Freedman not going to a club outside the Premiership, offered odds of 20 to 1 and was taken up on it by someone who offered any winnings to REMF and his stake to Geoff Thomas Foundation if he lost if I remember correctly.

He of course never paid as his logic was it was never accepted by PM and never got his £10 stake, never came back as Seaside but has been outed as [MENTION=20004]Glenn-Murray[/MENTION] by mods.

What a douche bag.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011

Keep going pal, no need to let facts get in the way of a good story.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

If someone can provide evidence of this, then on behalf of REMF, and in the spirit of goodwill (and in line with the policy used by Crystal Palace FC of cheating creditors - including charities - out of what is owed), I would be prepared to accept 5p in the pound (i.e. £10) to settle the bet. We can then consider the matter closed.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab

Doesn't make sense unless he had two accounts? If this bet took place and he lost and came back under a new name then why isn't the new username joined date a lot later than what it's showing now(2011)

mcgoldrick

Banned
Mar 6, 2013
Eastbourne
If someone can provide evidence of this, then on behalf of REMF, and in the spirit of goodwill (and in line with the policy used by Crystal Palace FC of cheating creditors - including charities - out of what is owed), I would be prepared to accept 5p in the pound (i.e. £10) to settle the bet. We can then consider the matter closed.

Got my attention.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
So what are we bitter about? You beat us and still you'll moan about us and everything that goes on at our club. Our attendances, our board, our players, our league position. Don't think I have seen such in depth discussions about these aspects of your club. We hated being beaten by you but soon enough we were looking ahead to finishing the job of promotion in order to not have to play you lot again and to put up with your whining about how great your attendances are and your business model and your owners - yet you still will want what we have. Murray, Premiership status and a successful academy.
Enjoy beating us the once and then concentrate on your own club. You are embarrassing yourselves.

Dear Mr McGoldrick,

I have highlighted the bit that seems to say you already have premiership status.

I am not after making a major issue of it, though. Much of what you have said makes sense and some people here - on both sides - get too wound up about it all.

mcgoldrick

Banned
Mar 6, 2013
Eastbourne
Dear Mr McGoldrick,

I have highlighted the bit that seems to say you already have premiership status.

I am not after making a major issue of it, though. Much of what you have said makes sense and some people here - on both sides - get too wound up about it all.

Appreciate that David but the key word there is "will". Yes I am assuming we get promoted as the basis of that argument but not suggesting we already are. Thank you for taking the time though to find that.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Doesn't make sense unless he had two accounts? If this bet took place and he lost and came back under a new name then why isn't the new username joined date a lot later than what it's showing now(2011)

Because he'd been using the Glenn-Murray account occasionally alongside the Seaside account to make it look like there were more palace fans on this site, and to maybe back up his own posts.

Because he'd been using the Glenn-Murray account occasionally alongside the Seaside account to make it look like there were more palace fans on this site, and to maybe back up his own posts.

Something like this, he's even admitted to being Seaside somewhere.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Are you denying you ever made the bet?

I didn't make any bets with anyone. I made a comment along the lines of "I'd offer 30/1 odds of Dougie leaving, why on earth would he want to leave, etc.". Half a dozen people said they'd have some money on it, but as the thing was obviously posturing on my part, it was never followed up. I didn't accept money from anyone, I didn't mention anything to do with betting at any point afterwards until Dougie had left and apparently I owed several people hundreds of pounds. I certainly never mentioned anything about giving money to charity whether I won or lost, because I never intended to give or receive any money whether I won or lost.

It's a bit like when people were saying on here that if Gus left they'd chew off their own cock or never post on NSC again. Would you have gone round collecting evidence from people had he joined Reading last week?

It was a pisstake, as you well know. Also, I kept posting as Seaside until my account was suspended for some infraction or other. Nothing to do with the "bet" whatsoever.

Once again - incorrect. You lot really are full of wild assumptions.

This account was the first one I made. It was banned for some period of time, so I made a new one and kept it. That one then got some infraction or other, so I started using this one again. I kept using it because, well, Glenn Murray is doing rather well this year :wink:

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Right i get it ta. Seems a right plonker to me then.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Appreciate that David but the key word there is "will". Yes I am assuming we get promoted as the basis of that argument but not suggesting we already are. Thank you for taking the time though to find that.

Didn't take long, but thanks for your civility!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here