Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NHS says no to new breast cancer drug Kadcyla

Oh dear,we're having a discussion about cancer treatments and the hand wringers start throwing muck about,
If and when the NHS is back on track and the elderly in this country are treated with dignity then we should start thinking about foreign aid.you wouldn't borrow £500 to give to someone else would you?so why should the taxpayer.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Oh dear,we're having a discussion about cancer treatments and the hand wringers start throwing muck about,
If and when the NHS is back on track and the elderly in this country are treated with dignity then we should start thinking about foreign aid.you wouldn't borrow £500 to give to someone else would you?so why should the taxpayer.

My 84 year old mother was treated well by the NHS when she collapsed last year. Unfortunately she has dementia, and is in a care home now, but is treated with great dignity and love.
It's there if you want to look for it.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
I cannot begin to imagine what you went through.

I had major surgery 7 weeks ago and lost part of my small bowel. Recovery is pretty good and the op seems to have been successful. Fingers crossed. I'm left with a temporary stoma, which is not nice but a small price to pay for getting the nasty bits out.

It was 50 years between my first and second encounters with cancer, if the next is another 50 years, that'll be fine by me.

got everything crossed for you

My 84 year old mother was treated well by the NHS when she collapsed last year. Unfortunately she has dementia, and is in a care home now, but is treated with great dignity and love.
It's there if you want to look for it.

That's great,but imagine how many more could enjoy the dignity and love your mother had if money was not been sent out of the country to prop up dictatorships?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
That's great,but imagine how many more could enjoy the dignity and love your mother had if money was not been sent out of the country to prop up dictatorships?

How do you know that they're not? There are some hospital failings & care home failures but that is usually down to human nature rather than money. Such occurences appear in the papers because they are rare. Good hospitals and care homes don't make the headlines.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley

You seem happy to accept the 'system' where your taxes have paid for the health care for those in the UK though you have no more responsibility for them than you do for anyone born elsewhere in the world. The system works because those who can afford to live outside the system of national 'aid' in terms of health care are, by a combination of legal strictures and moral conviction, net contributors to the system.

The same argument can surely be made on a global scale - as a 'rich' country we are relatively self sufficient requiring little if anything in terms of international aid and assistance - calls for the UK to stop all foreign aid and other types of assistance for those countries, (and their citizens), who are in greater need than we are in order that yet more can be used for our own needs is akin to the rich individual calling for their taxes to be reduced as they can pay for their own health care.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here