NHS leg pain

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Cornish - your story has really moved me and I want to encourage you all I can to stay positive about the right outcome for you even when you are having a dark moment. I haven't experienced cancer but I have just returned home after a third bout of surgery in just over a year. In the space of a month at the start of 2010 I went from being apparently healthy and fit to being literally within days of death. I have had to have a large part of my bowel removed and spent weeks unable to get out of bed because of a large open wound down my stomach. The parts of my bowel that were removed were replaced by replacable bags that I had to stick onto my stomach and attach to the remaining bowel - I honestly thought my life as a husband, father, employee and all the other things that are important to me was over. I couldn't comprehend taking my lad to see the Albion again as I was barely able to get beyond my own bathroom. But the body and mind have incredible healing powers. I got back to work in the summer on a part time basis at least, I was there at Withdean for the Rochdale game, we took a week abroad in the autumn. I discovered that even with a body that was a complete mess of temporary kit and surgical appliances there was always hope, always an opportunity to look forward and always a good day to offset the dark ones. I had further surgery in November to begin to reconstruct what has been cut from my body but the side effects of this were really poor and kept me off work, off the Albion and pretty much everything else for another long and difficult few months. On Friday I came home from operation number three. My insides are now back on my insides thanks to the brilliance of my consultant. I still have a long way to go to recover fully and my "normal" will never be the same as most peoples. But I can see real light at the end of this dark tunnel and I truly hope that you will be able to see the same. It was never, ever my intention to say so much about my own medical challenges on a board like this but I have learnt over these last few months that sharing positive stories can be a massive encourgement to those going through tough times. My thoughts and prayers are with you - up the Albion!

Blimey - what a journey! If it wasn't cancer - what the dickens causes something like that?

I'm in awe of what you've been through. Medical science is amazing but people have to live through the treatments to make them amazing!!

Since1982

Sep 30, 2006
Burgess Hill
Blimey - what a journey! If it wasn't cancer - what the dickens causes something like that?

I'm in awe of what you've been through. Medical science is amazing but people have to live through the treatments to make them amazing!!

Its called ulcerative colitis. For some it is a long term chronic condition, for others like me it comes out of the blue and takes you down very very quickly. I'm a wuss btw. Can't stand pain, unable to deal with being anything less than 100% in control...but you have to deal with what life chucks at you and most of the time for me it has been good!

Cornish seagull!

Nov 18, 2010
Cornwall
I thought id have an evening snooze Asked to be woken up around 8.30 it came to 10pm my Mrs walks in with my pills and decides to wake me up.

1. I said 8.30pm not 10pm excuse was well you looked so peaceful.

2. The worst posible thing to do as you`ve just woken up is swallow about 10 pills

3. Now she has decided to go to bed which means ive seen f*** all of her her all evening.

So now guys your stuck with me.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Morning Cornish, hope all is well with you mate and mrs is following instructions today :lolol:

Cornish seagull!

Nov 18, 2010
Cornwall
Hi peeps no results today. I love this world i might build a tunnel save some trees. Call myself swamp thing then chain myself to some random gates of a devopement site and chat meaningfull sayings. While reciting out of the john lennon bible.

upthealbion1970

NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
I love this world i might build a tunnel save some trees. Call myself swamp thing then chain myself to some random gates of a devopement site and chat meaningfull sayings. While reciting out of the john lennon bible.

If carlsberg did hallucinations.......

Cornish seagull!

Nov 18, 2010
Cornwall
Hi guys i got my primarly results through it says ive got some type of lymphnoma cancer thing in the lymph node in my stomach. Not sure which one though and that ive got the same in my hip. Thats whats causing my leg pain. Right the thing is i f***ing knew all of this already. If you guys switch on the 10oclock news tonight and The main news is a helicopter video of a bloke dressed as rambo but with a limp rampaging around a hospital in cornwall ill make sure ill wave to you lot as i tear the place up.

Brownstuff

Feb 21, 2009
Hove
Best wishes mate
Keep smiling and stay strong but not so strong as Rambo or you will end up in the loony bin instead

upthealbion1970

NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Cornish, as you say nothing you didn't already know but does this mean they can treat you now or is it more tests?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Hi peeps no results today. I love this world i might build a tunnel save some trees. Call myself swamp thing then chain myself to some random gates of a devopement site and chat meaningfull sayings. While reciting out of the john lennon bible.

Has meade's ball hacked your account ??? If you go the rampage later we'll all know its you if you wear an Albion shirt :thumbsup:

Cornish seagull!

Nov 18, 2010
Cornwall
This means i have to wait tomorro to see what type of cancer it is and then to see what treatment to start me off on they`ve already said that my leg has to have radiotherapy. As you can see from my posts today not just this thread but others i have not been feeling myself. ( if anyone makes a joke about that last statement ill chop there balls off and feed them to there cat ok ) Ive tryed to lay off the oramorph ( liquid morphine) a bit today and try to use more convential methods like codine sulphate and gepeapentin im not sure if its worked to well though plus ive been in a bit of pain today. Usually im a laid back chap.

Since1982

Sep 30, 2006
Burgess Hill
Oramorph is effective but it does do weird things to the mind as I recall. Take it easy. Must be frustrating but one small step at a time. Please don't chop my balls off - I haven't much left of the orginal me in that area as it is!

Cornish seagull!

Nov 18, 2010
Cornwall
Oramorph is effective but it does do weird things to the mind as I recall. Take it easy. Must be frustrating but one small step at a time. Please don't chop my balls off - I haven't much left of the orginal me in that area as it is!

HAHA That was to the people that thought it might be funny to alabarate on why i was`nt feeling myself today. How are you feeling buddy?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports