Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
just read this. all the very best mate.

Cornish seagull!

Nov 18, 2010
Cornwall
Yeah ive seen that lol its funny.
Right lads its been a tough old week but i want to thank each and every one of you for your support so far. Cheers guys

Gordon Bennett

Sep 7, 2010
I’ve only just looked at this thread and realised what it is about but good luck.

I can only reiterate what everyone else has said about trying to remain positive and hopefully you will realise that a lot of people have been through similar difficulties and come out the other side.

I went to the doctor because I had a persistent itch on my leg. I was told that I was pretty much making it up and that it was ‘environmental’. Then I had a persistent cough and was told it was probably nothing. Took about a year and 2 biopsies (they aren’t always conclusive first time round as the needle biopsy is a small sample) before they confirmed it was lymphoma – itching and coughing are apparently common symptoms! So I had visions of suing etc but you soon realise what is really important and that is getting well. I’ve been in remission for nearly 18 months and because it took so long before I had treatment my case was about as bad as it gets without needing an undertaker, so don’t give up hope and focus on the positives and getting better.

Cornish seagull!

Nov 18, 2010
Cornwall
I’ve only just looked at this thread and realised what it is about but good luck.

I can only reiterate what everyone else has said about trying to remain positive and hopefully you will realise that a lot of people have been through similar difficulties and come out the other side.

I went to the doctor because I had a persistent itch on my leg. I was told that I was pretty much making it up and that it was ‘environmental’. Then I had a persistent cough and was told it was probably nothing. Took about a year and 2 biopsies (they aren’t always conclusive first time round as the needle biopsy is a small sample) before they confirmed it was lymphoma – itching and coughing are apparently common symptoms! So I had visions of suing etc but you soon realise what is really important and that is getting well. I’ve been in remission for nearly 18 months and because it took so long before I had treatment my case was about as bad as it gets without needing an undertaker, so don’t give up hope and focus on the positives and getting better.

Thank you what treatment did you have???

Gordon Bennett

Sep 7, 2010
Thank you what treatment did you have???

I had chemo. I had to have it once every two weeks for six months so it was quite intense - it was okay to begin with but by the end it was bloody hard work. Spent the last two months or so in bed as I was just too exhausted to do anything else. It then took at least 6 months to recover from the treatment, so it might be quite a long haul for you.

Oh, and although its hard try not to look at medical sites on the internet - I managed not to, partly as I was too scared as to what I might read but lots of friends and family were googling all day and everyday and it really didn't do them any favours. Once the doctors get a confirmed diagnosis they will know what needs to be done and you will hopefully notice how quickly things progress from there.

Cornish seagull!

Nov 18, 2010
Cornwall
Yeah ive been keeping away the just got to sit tight wait fot the results go from there thanks mate. I might have to badger you for info all the time now then lol

Cornish seagull!

Nov 18, 2010
Cornwall
Hi guys just thought id ket you know Mr A Cole just popped back with his 2.2 and done my thigh. What i didnt know that he smuggled in his mate Mr W Rooney who discreetly elbowed in the same leg i think he thought no-one saw. So off i go to the kitchen for my usual dose of stuff .I opened the cupboard door to get a choccy bar, i was positive i shut it after as i turned round to put the rest back the borrowers must seen it funny to open it. So as i turned round i nutted the cupboard door handle. All im waiting for is chuck norris to come in and give me a few blows to the leg later

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
I went to the doctor because I had a persistent itch on my leg. I was told that I was pretty much making it up and that it was ‘environmental’. Then I had a persistent cough and was told it was probably nothing. Took about a year and 2 biopsies (they aren’t always conclusive first time round as the needle biopsy is a small sample) before they confirmed it was lymphoma – itching and coughing are apparently common symptoms!

Blimey was that your only symptoms? I guess thats why it took so long to diagnose...

Since1982

Sep 30, 2006
Burgess Hill
Cornish - your story has really moved me and I want to encourage you all I can to stay positive about the right outcome for you even when you are having a dark moment. I haven't experienced cancer but I have just returned home after a third bout of surgery in just over a year. In the space of a month at the start of 2010 I went from being apparently healthy and fit to being literally within days of death. I have had to have a large part of my bowel removed and spent weeks unable to get out of bed because of a large open wound down my stomach. The parts of my bowel that were removed were replaced by replacable bags that I had to stick onto my stomach and attach to the remaining bowel - I honestly thought my life as a husband, father, employee and all the other things that are important to me was over. I couldn't comprehend taking my lad to see the Albion again as I was barely able to get beyond my own bathroom. But the body and mind have incredible healing powers. I got back to work in the summer on a part time basis at least, I was there at Withdean for the Rochdale game, we took a week abroad in the autumn. I discovered that even with a body that was a complete mess of temporary kit and surgical appliances there was always hope, always an opportunity to look forward and always a good day to offset the dark ones. I had further surgery in November to begin to reconstruct what has been cut from my body but the side effects of this were really poor and kept me off work, off the Albion and pretty much everything else for another long and difficult few months. On Friday I came home from operation number three. My insides are now back on my insides thanks to the brilliance of my consultant. I still have a long way to go to recover fully and my "normal" will never be the same as most peoples. But I can see real light at the end of this dark tunnel and I truly hope that you will be able to see the same. It was never, ever my intention to say so much about my own medical challenges on a board like this but I have learnt over these last few months that sharing positive stories can be a massive encourgement to those going through tough times. My thoughts and prayers are with you - up the Albion!

Cornish seagull!

Nov 18, 2010
Cornwall
Cornish - your story has really moved me and I want to encourage you all I can to stay positive about the right outcome for you even when you are having a dark moment. I haven't experienced cancer but I have just returned home after a third bout of surgery in just over a year. In the space of a month at the start of 2010 I went from being apparently healthy and fit to being literally within days of death. I have had to have a large part of my bowel removed and spent weeks unable to get out of bed because of a large open wound down my stomach. The parts of my bowel that were removed were replaced by replacable bags that I had to stick onto my stomach and attach to the remaining bowel - I honestly thought my life as a husband, father, employee and all the other things that are important to me was over. I couldn't comprehend taking my lad to see the Albion again as I was barely able to get beyond my own bathroom. But the body and mind have incredible healing powers. I got back to work in the summer on a part time basis at least, I was there at Withdean for the Rochdale game, we took a week abroad in the autumn. I discovered that even with a body that was a complete mess of temporary kit and surgical appliances there was always hope, always an opportunity to look forward and always a good day to offset the dark ones. I had further surgery in November to begin to reconstruct what has been cut from my body but the side effects of this were really poor and kept me off work, off the Albion and pretty much everything else for another long and difficult few months. On Friday I came home from operation number three. My insides are now back on my insides thanks to the brilliance of my consultant. I still have a long way to go to recover fully and my "normal" will never be the same as most peoples. But I can see real light at the end of this dark tunnel and I truly hope that you will be able to see the same. It was never, ever my intention to say so much about my own medical challenges on a board like this but I have learnt over these last few months that sharing positive stories can be a massive encourgement to those going through tough times. My thoughts and prayers are with you - up the Albion!

That sounds really bad mate. The only things that keep you going is your family followed by a bit of humour through your most painfull moments as a u can see from my posts this morning. Its hard mate ill be honest your story is worthy of a thread on its own because the courage you have shown through the whole thing is amazing.
Ill be honest the most invasive process ive probaly had has been carried out. Yeah i may have a hole in my hip bone that kills. But to have to basicaly build your own bowel
must of been horrible.

Since1982

Sep 30, 2006
Burgess Hill
That sounds really bad mate. The only things that keep you going is your family followed by a bit of humour through your most painfull moments as a u can see from my posts this morning. Its hard mate ill be honest your story is worthy of a thread on its own because the courage you have shown through the whole thing is amazing.
Ill be honest the most invasive process ive probaly had has been carried out. Yeah i may have a hole in my hip bone that kills. But to have to basicaly build your own bowel
must of been horrible.

What I really needed yesterday as I listened to the game was a quiet couple of hours, a straightforward win and no drama...ah well. When Bridcutt scored I nearly popped my stiches!

Cornish seagull!

Nov 18, 2010
Cornwall
It was like that wasnt i was on my sofa on the morphine listening to it. The trouble is if i fall over or knock into some thing i could break my hip lol then that would put me back weeks. How you feeling now after it all.

Since1982

Sep 30, 2006
Burgess Hill
It was like that wasnt i was on my sofa on the morphine listening to it. The trouble is if i fall over or knock into some thing i could break my hip lol then that would put me back weeks. How you feeling now after it all.

Delighted with the win and knackered after the surgery but thats always the way! Take it easy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here